Claud butler Cape Wrath 1991

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
I thought these were meant to be in black?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/claud-butler ... :rk:3:pf:0

s-l1600.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Yeah, black in the catalogue.
Who knows? Bike looks legit, DX components are of that year, looks like a smallish frame.

Attachments

• _20190220_214637.JPG
    _20190220_214637.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 1,818
I like the cut of that :) and it's looking my size as well....despite it saying large.
A lot of money though for what it is.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":31heet1z said:
I like the cut of that :) and it's looking my size as well....despite it saying large.
A lot of money though for what it is.

Jamie

I missed one of these on e-bay last month, in black and all its original kit, 10 miles from my work. It went for £50, just as the wi-fi connection on my phone dropped out.... more than a few expletives were heard and it was all I could do to not chuck my phone down the street! :facepalm: but £310? Nah!! Not even for a CB fetishising freak like me... :oops:

So this started at £310, and then dropped bit by bit till it got down to £190. with an offer option..... so I thought rude not to and threw in a very low ball (the kind you should only do when wearing a mask ;)) and hey presto... Looks like our Jim has got himself a Cape Wrath! :roll:

Nice one

Good to hear the seller is open to sensible offers, as looking at his other listings his opening prices are a tad ambitious.....£85 for a ratty m900 crankset anyone? :shock:

Well done. If you don't ask then you'll never know.
Great to see there will be another Claud being refurbed soon :)

Jamie

Jamiedyer":34tld5bz said:
Well done. If you don't ask then you'll never know.
Great to see there will be another Claud being refurbed soon :)

Jamie

Hopefully this will be a quick wipe down & service, pop a pair of ‘Farmer Johns Nephew’ tyres on (that I didn’t even know I had :facepalm:) then let Jimmy loose on the trails!
Oh, and of course keep an eye out for an original saddle..... :D

Back