Another other Kirk

mkone":d12mc6ay said:

Do you know, i was quite a young lad, braving the Roadie club in my early teens, a monday night club meet in the local hall, full of crusty moaning old gits if my memory serves me right.
Then one monday night, a regular arrived with his Kirk Precision road bike, finished in white and from memory adorned with 105..? anyway, these old gits were like flys around Sh*t.

Seriously... it was before much in the way of press releases in cycling weekly etc, right at the height of the hype, i remember one hardcore old boy comment, "i dont know who he thinks he is, he looks like hes just arrived from cape Canaveral".

Suffice to say, i liked it.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
sinnerman":2car9brf said:
mkone":2car9brf said:

Do you know, i was quite a young lad, braving the Roadie club in my early teens, a monday night club meet in the local hall, full of crusty moaning old gits if my memory serves me right.
Then one monday night, a regular arrived with his Kirk Precision road bike, finished in white and from memory adorned with 105..? anyway, these old gits were like flys around Sh*t.

Seriously... it was before much in the way of press releases in cycling weekly etc, right at the height of the hype, i remember one hardcore old boy comment, "i dont know who he thinks he is, he looks like hes just arrived from cape Canaveral".

Suffice to say, i liked it.

And that mans Rocket ship featured on Tomorrows World with Frank Stapleton - if your old enough to remember the program :LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdU8j5ydVuI

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdU8j5ydVuI[/youtube]

whilst I love mine - I don't think I need another one in my (they're pleasantly and re-assuringly shite but strangely satisfying never the less)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back