Fusion with Browning fork

Re:

Blimey, haven't seen any for ages, then it's suddenly two within a matter of weeks :shock:

This one looks way better than the previous, bit of a mish mash of groupset (should be full M73*& XT I think) but the all important fork looks very good at a glance. I know that mkone was keen on one of these...

Re:

Pleased to say I nabbed this having read the helpful adviceand opinions here. Currently recovering from a spinal injury and therefore hoping this will help me get back onto two wheels.Really liked the idea of owning a top end and rare retro bike which hopefully will clean up well.

Re:

Great! :) looks like you got it for a very reasonable price too.
Be sure to start a "build thread" and post up some pictures when you make a start on it, that Browning fork looks quite interesting.

Re: Browning forks

Ok so slowly making progress in servicing my Fusion 0260
I’ve seen some pics on the forum showing the dismantled Browning forks. I want to change the stem
(ideally to a retro clubroost) but am concerned about removing the Browning adjuster on top of the forks to replace the stem.
Any advice on the risk/procedure appreciated
Cheers

PaulieD":s9etd7ly said:
Ok so slowly making progress in servicing my Fusion 0260
I’ve seen some pics on the forum showing the dismantled Browning forks. I want to change the stem
(ideally to a retro clubroost) but am concerned about removing the Browning adjuster on top of the forks to replace the stem.
Any advice on the risk/procedure appreciated
Cheers

Hi.
When you say dismantled - do you mean just taking the forks out of the frame?
I don't think you can dismantle the actual shock and adjuster as they are nitrogen filled ( there's warning stickers all over the steerer advising against disassembly!!)

If it is just getting the forks out, that's easy. You don't need to remove the browning adjuster.
i) undo the ahead stem bolts - the stem will then slide over the top adjuster. It's a 1 1/4" ahead stem so worth bearing in mind that your choice of replacements will be limited.
ii) undo the the 1 1/4" headset as you would on a normal quill stem set-up. If you've got the proper size headset spanners it won't damage the lock nuts ( from previous experience struggling with 2 adjustable spanners!)
iii) slide the fork out as you would a threaded set-up

If you found further disassembly instructions from that point I'd be interested to see a link.

Perhaps posting a thread in the Mtb Chat section may help you hit a wider audience too.

Hope this helps?
boy"O"boy

boy"O"boy":3w4jz5vh said:
If you found further disassembly instructions from that point I'd be interested to see a link.

boy"O"boy

I too would be interested to see how......

RBG

Latest posts

Back