Kona Explosif 1990 with track 2 forks

Jamborf":24pbqp4q said:
Can I be forgiven for saying... it looks disgusting.

Round these parts, some will congratulate while others will condemn such an opinion.

Personally i think it is a great bike that has been used as intended, now it's begging for a sympathetic new owner :)

Tallpaul":2voyyhg0 said:
Jamborf":2voyyhg0 said:

Round these parts, some will congratulate while others will condemn such an opinion.

Personally i think it is a great bike that has been used as intended, now it's begging for a sympathetic new owner :)

A Timeless classic that is calling for some good retro lovin' :shock: Exactly as this site does so well :LOL:

Jamborf":1t1px9uw said:
Everyone's opinion is as valid as everyone else's. Will you forgive me for liking it?

But just a word of caution - that's a Paul Brodie paint job that you're dissing. :eek: :shock: And he did all the braze-ons too, with his own fair hands. After 1990, all the finishing was done in Taiwan I believe, not by PB anyway.

i really want this im thinking a guybe esque clean non original build a nice basic colour as lets face it matching the std paint will be impossible!

billinjah":3a61kw9x said:
i really want this im thinking a guybe esque clean non original build a nice basic colour as lets face it matching the std paint will be impossible!
The paint looks in pretty good condition and is half the value of the frame, so why change it?

Anthony":zt4tbt91 said:
billinjah":zt4tbt91 said:
The paint looks in pretty good condition and is half the value of the frame, so why change it?

is it? maybe my screens bad it looks awful to me ill let you know when i get it though!

looks pretty rough to me too....which is one reason why I would struggle with this project (aside from a general dislike of Konas..)

The colour/forks etc are what makes this Kona special to me, but the paints pretty rough. Respray would bring it good as new, just not right colours and lose what makes it special :?

Given that it was a bit of a good Kona still with its T2, what colour scheme would suit it?
New splatter maybe? Subtle Fade or plain solid? Interesting dilemma, so I'll make it easy for yo - I'm out ;)

Back