Kona Kilauea

TD75

Retro Guru
Was out walking in Holywell park Ipswich at the weekend. There is a small bike shop near the cafe that had a Kona Kilauea for sale for £50. Unsure on the size. Fair condition. XT front and rear mech.

Attachments

• IMG_1536.jpg
    IMG_1536.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 562
  • IMG_1535.jpg
    IMG_1535.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 562
Do you have the name of the shop and / or it's contact number as someone over there may be interested in buying this one.

TD75":3fnk7fuy said:
Yep, I have the shop name and number. Can post on here if thats ok?

Yes, that would be helpful.
Might be someone in the area who could make use of it.

Took a picture of the sign.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 14.11.13.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-24 at 14.11.13.png
    139.7 KB · Views: 529
Re:

Black re-spray around the seat clamp area would worry me there has been some issue or crack / repair... I’d want to look carefully. Even so, the parts would be worth £50!

Anyone live near Ipswitch who can help me out with pick up and packing. I'll arrange for the courier to pick it up etc. I've spoken with the shop and he's taken my name and I have first dibs on the bike if I can arrange for someone to help me with pick up etc.

I'll be working on it as a project as the seat post is stuck in the frame, I suspect it's been worked on with a blow torch, hence the black spray. Again based on my knowledge some one has probable put the wrong sized post in and forced it down the seat tube. Quite a project but I fancy getting my teeth into it hehe.

Back