Nontrager

Crell

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well maybe. It's certainly got the RL tubeset or at least parts of it. The lack of bottle bosses though makes me think it might just be a Sadoff frame or a staff / sample frame.

Privateer SS type paint job and BMX style decals make it a little more interesting than the run of the mill.

Too big for me and could be a bargain

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-NOS-Bontrag ... dZViewItem

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I may be wrong but didn't Paul put 1 1/8" on all the Nontrangers, and I think he didn't use all the gussets like on the chainstays. But this is a beaut - a little odd one, mind.Only thing I can think with the decalsis that they may have been put over the bottle holes without cutting holes in the decals. You had to cut your own holes in some decal sheets, and BMXs don't have bottle cages, so maybe they are under there....

i didnt read far enough down to see the head tube dia. ive asked the seller for the serial. if the bottle bosses are there theyd be evident under the decal id have thought. i still have the aftermath from a couple of sets of 'cut your own hole' decals.

i didnt read far enough down to see the head tube dia. ive asked the seller for the serial. if the bottle bosses are there theyd be evident under the decal id have thought. i still have the aftermath from a couple of sets of 'cut your own hole' decals.

I'd take note of how hes written the description,he states-
*"Heres what looks to be..." :?
Looks to be a possible get-out clause ,maybe he thinks its a bonty but hes not 100% sure

dyna-ti":1gtarpz5 said:
I'd take note of how hes written the description,he states-
*"Heres what looks to be..." :?
Looks to be a possible get-out clause ,maybe he thinks its a bonty but hes not 100% sure

I think that's the whole thrust of this thread. ;)

It's not a Nontrager going by the Serial no (great article on FFB about Rock Lobster).

That still makes it interesting. Could have been a sample, a employee hack, practice rig or whatever.

The lack of some of the finishing touches suggest it wasn't a customer bike, and it has all the hallmarks of a racelite. That's about as committed as I'd be about it.

Back