Saracen Kili Flyer Comp - 89 goodness

M-Power

Old School Grand Master
http://r.ebay.com/Z33Xkv

What a fillet brazed beauty and from my fav bike year 1989. Similar spec to the classic fillet brazed Ridgeback 605 from 89.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

yeah thats lovely, have had half an eye on it for a while. Would love to own if were were more affordable.

Re: Re:

KeepItSteel":2mvzdgfn said:
yeah thats lovely, have had half an eye on it for a while. Would love to own if were were more affordable.

It was like £8-900 odd bitd but its a tough crowd on RB ! :LOL: Wonder what it will go for. Too good to end up as a pub bike surely ?

It may well be worth every single penny and them some, but alas it's not within my budget for a 30yo MTB..

It's been for sale for a while, so I'm guessing its currently above most people's estimations? But still, you'd have a nice bike for the money, for sure

Re:

Been on for ages and has come down £50. Keep watching but think it’s still £100 too much due to Saracens selling for nowt.

Re:

Nice bike for sure, and originality and condition is superb.

However as a general point, I don’t think this era of fb Saracens give you much more over their lower ranked stablemates in terms of riding. They are all tank like, weigh a ton stable as can be, indestructible. (Just look at the numbers still around!)

I’ve owned a few and a UU Trekker is still my fave.

Re: Re:

xxnick1975":y9g1ycjs said:
Nice bike for sure, and originality and condition is superb.

However as a general point, I don’t think this era of fb Saracens give you much more over their lower ranked stablemates in terms of riding. They are all tank like, weigh a ton stable as can be, indestructible. (Just look at the numbers still around!)

I’ve owned a few and a UU Trekker is still my fave.

They are all pretty ropy to ride hard, only the e-stay and the later protrax/ kili have any 'go' about them.

Still want one though, even if its just to look at.

Re:

Fully agree, the nostalgia these evoke is very powerful, the brand back then, the colours, the decals, really represent uk MTB at the end of the 80s for me.

The first taste of something more exciting than a Raleigh or a Peugeot.

But as you say, best for pub bikes now, definitely not lively bikes

Latest posts

Back