1998 Kona Hot

The 98 Hot in the catalogue is a purple-green flame finish.. did they do custom finishes or has this one been re-finished? Is this definetly a hot? hmm... Anthony..? ;)

Yes. It is mine :LOL:

I have had 5 Hots and a Ku and this is the last one left and is going. I built it up as a single speed at the beginning of the Summer because I had the frame sat idle for around t years. Now this one is going as well. The original plan was to get it repsrayed as per the custom colours. I approached Argos about this a while back and they quoted me around £180. The metalic green of the flame is to match the Marzocchi Atom Bombers. I got Gil to make up a set of replica decals the same for the custom option. They will go with the bike when it sells.

I'll take a photo of the serial number and add it to the Ebay auction.

My biking days are over I think. I am getting rid of this one as it is just not being used and need the money although I am searching for an 18" '97 Explosif. A stunning bike - not the greatest bike in the world - but the one I have the most fondest memeories of. I sold it for the sake of a romance when I was young...Should have kept the bike!

I can't remember a time when I didn't have a bike so if I am going to have one I'll be sentimental about it!

I haven't been on this forum for ages and was REALLY into Hots. All Konas but essentially Hots. it was really interesting to read that recent thread about the history / manufacturing of them.

Chin chin

If this was ending in a couple of weeks I'd be throwing the kitchen sink at it :shock: bad timing though as I've just spent a shed load on something else :evil:

This is lovely - I'd sell my grand mother for it if i had one :LOL:

Shame though, after just spending £1700 on fixing the motor i don't have any spare pennies at the mo......uber gutted :cry:

Back