1997 kona hot

Re:

Wow, that is very interesting. A serial number is needed to confirm if this is Altitude or Enigma built.

Re:

my 1998 kona got has no serial number anywhere. ( unless its under the platic cable router )

Re: Re:

al-onestare":12hlbc9f said:
Wow, that is very interesting. A serial number is needed to confirm if this is Altitude or Enigma built.

I have asked for the serial number, so we may find out who built it and when.

kase1983":12hlbc9f said:
my 1998 kona got has no serial number anywhere. ( unless its under the platic cable router )

I would be surprised if the entire serial number is obscured by the Cable Guide. It may be that the paint is thick enough around the underside of the Bottom Bracket Shell, and the stamping of the serial number has filled in. BTW, a 1998 Hot should have all Top Tube Cable routing, with no Cable Guide under the Bottom Bracket - however, as we know there are many anomalies with the Custom frames.

Pip

Re:

I have seen this frame built up and it looks very nice indeed, I had a similar build a few years ago, slightly different flames scheme. Lovely ride :cool:

its_kirby":2rloq4p1 said:
I have seen this frame built up and it looks very nice indeed, I had a similar build a few years ago, slightly different flames scheme. Lovely ride :cool:

:cool: still got them mate.. :cool: :D

Ernie ;)

Re:

The seller has now replied to my request for the serial number. They are reluctant to reveal the entire number, but I can confirm that it is indeed an Altitude Cycles frame welded in 1996.

Pip.

bills_shack":3qwb31hn said:
I don't understand why anybody would be reluctant to share the serial number ?

I agree with you on this - although in this instance I politely said to the seller that I understand any reluctance to reveal the frame's full serial number.

I have in the past received a very curt response saying that the frame advertised is definitely not stolen, and that they have a receipt to prove it :evil: . Crikey, my polite request shouldn't have provoked a response like that.

Pip.

Latest posts

Back