Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:51 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: GT Team Avalanche
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:29 am 
Devout Dirtbag
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:48 pm
Posts: 139
Location: Marchwood
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-GT-T ... 1438.l2649

I would buy it, but he isnt shipping to the UK... :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:45 am 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:07 pm
Posts: 1703
Location: muddy fields, usually
That's just bike porn right there..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:39 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:30 pm
Posts: 132
gradeAfailure wrote:
That's just bike porn right there..


I would so buy that one if in the uk.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GT Team Avalanche
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:37 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 2543
Location: West Sussex
That's an awful lot of money for an Avalanche.
He's basically charging what all those NOS parts cost.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GT Team Avalanche
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:37 am 
retrobike rider
retrobike rider
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:36 pm
Posts: 17588
Location: Yorkshire, England
MADJEZ wrote:
That's an awful lot of money for an Avalanche.
He's basically charging what all those NOS parts cost.....

It's a Team Avalanche so has a different frame to the normal one, they uses Concept tubing and not normal Prestige tubing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GT Team Avalanche
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:41 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 2543
Location: West Sussex
FluffyChicken wrote:
MADJEZ wrote:
That's an awful lot of money for an Avalanche.
He's basically charging what all those NOS parts cost.....

It's a Team Avalanche so has a different frame to the normal one, they uses Concept tubing and not normal Prestige tubing.


Sorry I meant to say 'that's an awful low for a TEAM Avalanche' :D

You could pick up an Avalanche for about £150 a few years back and a Team for maybe £200 - £250 (the premium wasn't that much).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GT Team Avalanche
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:35 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:21 am
Posts: 872
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
MADJEZ wrote:
FluffyChicken wrote:
MADJEZ wrote:
That's an awful lot of money for an Avalanche.
He's basically charging what all those NOS parts cost.....

It's a Team Avalanche so has a different frame to the normal one, they uses Concept tubing and not normal Prestige tubing.


Sorry I meant to say 'that's an awful low for a TEAM Avalanche' :D

You could pick up an Avalanche for about £150 a few years back and a Team for maybe £200 - £250 (the premium wasn't that much).


Hey lookie there. That was then and this is now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:02 am 
98+ BoTM | BoTM | Gold | Rider
98+ BoTM | BoTM | Gold | Rider
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:48 am
Posts: 6849
Location: Kingdom of Ringlé
Love these.. Always on the look out for the Avalanche of the same year, it had a kinda Tapioca paint job..!

Here's the Team I built a coupla years back..


Attachments:
9762875066_4da4c934e9_b.jpg
9762875066_4da4c934e9_b.jpg [ 445.2 KiB | Viewed 717 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:55 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:04 pm
Posts: 2543
Location: West Sussex
Nice !

My 1992 Avalanche, totally standard. Currently stripped for a bit of paint tlc.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GT Team Avalanche
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:14 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:30 pm
Posts: 132
'89 and '90 was the best year for GT stuff. I'm still lusting after anything they do from that year. Sadly, it doesn't come up much these days.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eldritch66, johndeverill, leclerc2, Titch66 and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group