Orange Formula

fattiman":3uuk07lk said:
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extremely-rare-1988-Orange-Formula-Frame-set-Frame-Forks/132418801545?hash=item1ed4c68f89:g:44wAAOSwFb5aIUbM

Shockingly BAD form. :roll:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
sinnerman":25ykqcmh said:
fattiman":25ykqcmh said:
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extremely-rare-1988-Orange-Formula-Frame-set-Frame-Forks/132418801545?hash=item1ed4c68f89:g:44wAAOSwFb5aIUbM

Carl

Is this the rotted out one that was for sales a while ago and had a thread a mile long.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Every time this surfaces it gets worse and worse. Where have the bar/stem combo and the roller cams gone? If the seller wants this to go to an Orange enthusiast then surely the original bits should still be with the frameset. :facepalm:

Retro Spud":3o087al2 said:
sinnerman":3o087al2 said:
fattiman":3o087al2 said:

Carl

Is this the rotted out one that was for sales a while ago and had a thread a mile long.

It would be the same, and a load of BS every time it goes up for sale by Fattiman. I think the last time it was a mates listing, but adamant it was purchased.. :facepalm:

Still totally inaccurate description and no mention of the terminal rot or Broken tubes. And FWIW the quickest way to loose any remaining value would be a 40 quid powder coat in black.

Shocking FORM fattiman.

You are after all a member attempting to sell to other members here. You should know better.

BUYER BEWARE

There's profiteering and then there's taking the PISS.

This is Both.

Re:

Must admit when this first appeared at £200 BIN I hovered over the buy it button for a fair few hours. I stopped myself in the end though as I thought if it has come up again then another person has bought it only to be told by a frame builder it's toast so now wants to punt it on. The thought of a seat tube change didn't put me off but any further than that and it wouldn't interest me.

Now fattiman has once again outed it I agree with sinnerman. Defo something funny going on and clearly a frame that is not being fully described (for a reason) in the repeated vague listings.

The same as Brocklanders, i thought about buying it a few months back. It was on Gumtree for BIN £300 with plenty of pictures. Unfortunately the pictures would indicate a lot of work needed, you would probably find a number of frame builders not touching it, or at the very least speculating that the cost requied to repair would be extensive. However, what i thought was very odd on this current ebay listing, is that it started with 4 pictures, with the one picture clearly showing all the wear and tear (Rot) around the BB and surrounding area. This picture has been removed on this listing, leaving only the 3 pictures. Why? Why remove this picture...
The Formula bars dynaCol, were being sold on a seperate listing on the ebay, unsure whether they have been sold or not now.

Its all misleading, despite being given all the detailed info ref what it was when he first bought it to profit from and when thinking it was a clockwork then a prestige. Now the listing states it was the very FIRST orange.... :facepalm:

Its been around the block more times than a hooker with the clap. It has now been reduced to £125.00., if it were 49.99 then it might be worth cutting up and using the bottom bracket shell with cut tubes for a workshop tool holder maybe.

At least then it really would be the first Orange Formula of its type.... :roll:

Back