Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt on Ebay.de

troje

Rocky Mountain Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Nice bike! It's hard to say how deep the rust goes...hopefully only superficial.
It would be a great project to restore!

Re:

The condition is not that bad as i suspected it to be. ;)

aHR0cHM6Ly9mc3RhdGljMS5tdGItbmV3cy5kZS92My8yMi8yMjIwLzIyMjA3MDctOXRvN2lxbGtrdWo3LWltZ18wNDI1LW9yaWdpbmFsLmpwZw.jpg

very nice, congrats! you walked away with it at a decent price. looks like no paint, or is it just a clearcoat possibly on it given you can see the fillet braze? so most likely all those rust worms are very superficial? very odd specimen too given the inverted brake posts on the underside of the seat stay!

if you decide you need some replacement reproduction decals for it (white on black), send me a PM! ;)

Re:

The frame is a quite good exemplification to get an idea why it's foolish to clearcoat a steel frame. ;) Most of the rust is only superficial, it looks like there was a tiny worm under the "paint". But there are some areas where it's a bit worse than that. The bike setup looks like my old bike (RM Blizzard, Mag21, Magura Brakes) back in the 90s and now it will complete my Canadian triple. If something has to be repaired, so be it!

I hope the weather is ok this weekend, so i can take some better pictures.
It seems like the Mag21 holds the air. A short rollout should be possible. :)

@RockiMtn
I will send you a PM later, when i have thought enough about what i will do. Normally i'm not a fan of repaints, but here it's possibly necessary.

Back