Another Kona King Kahuna - 1997

romanrinos

Kona Fan
A bit like buses the moment! Hard to believe another surfaces.. looks like a 16 or possibly 17" in original factory spec and 97' not 98' as listed.

Too small for me but hope someone on here might persuade the seller to ship to Europe.
Canadian import will be spendy but may go cheap in auction ..(hopefully to someone on here?)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/253257006147?ul_noapp=true

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
romanrinos":2sdxlnha said:
A bit like buses the moment! Hard to believe another surfaces.. looks like a 16 or possibly 17" in original factory spec and 97' not 98' as listed.

Blimey, it is indeed strange how this seems to happen with regular frequency.

It appears to be an early 1997 with Downtube rear Mech routing - both my 1997 K.K.s have all Top Tube routing, as this was altered mid season. Mine are serial numbers K18066 & K19088, so it would be interesting to know the serial number of the one for sale.

I would say it is 17" as it appears to have a 110mm Headtube, while the 16" has (IIRC) a 90mm.

It's nice to see the blue decals as these seem to be more rare than the yellow version.

Pip.

Excellent info Pip. Ive messaged the seller so hopefully will have news on the Serial for you. I like the blue decals too - if only a couple of sizes bigger! Great price so far ..

But $400 for shipping from Canada to the USA. Can't imagine what the seller is thinking. I messaged him, too. No response.

PeteC":22qiq5mo said:
But $400 for shipping from Canada to the USA. Can't imagine what the seller is thinking. I messaged him, too. No response.

:shock: wow, wonder how much to the UK :shock:

Messaged him too the other day, no response either :roll:

mkone":3m5b4rlg said:
PeteC":3m5b4rlg said:

:shock: wow, wonder how much to the UK :shock:

Messaged him too the other day, no response either :roll:

When I had my 1998 Ku shipped from Toronto as a complete bike, I did it with Fedex. This appeared to be the safest / cheapest way of directly shipping to the U.K. from Canada, and it was recommended to me by al-onestare.

I needed to open an account and was given an introductory reduction, which brought the cost down to £283.77. Compare that with UPS who wanted £550 :shock: .

It was packed up really well by a local bike shop. They left the rear wheel in place, which makes it more robust for the journey, but adds to the size. The box was 54"x31"x9", which meant it had to go as Freight - whatever that means.

Considering how rare the 1998 Ku is.... well I didn't really care how much it cost, although for a while I did consider going there to collect it!

Pip

I finally heard back from the seller. He still thinks $400 is 'normal' for shipping 'to the West coast'. And closer should be $200 :roll:

But I did manage to get the serial number... after asking for the third time. K18031

Back