Pace RC200 F2 frame....or not? PROTOTYPE says Adrian!

Bollox64

BoTM Winner
Pace Fan
Feedback
View
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pace-RC-200-F2 ... Sw1QpZ~cnr

A few of us been chatting about this frame on the Pace owners FB group. It's a strange beast as the stickers say F2, but it has the round seat-tube of an F3. Also looks a bit strange at the seat-clamp area, where the milled parts are both round and square in shape.

Possibly repaired someone said....

Milling on the down tube also mimics an F1, i.e. single step, not double stepped like the F2.

Also not sure about the plastic cable-guide thingy either....

Spoken to the seller and he's gonna E-mail Adrian at Pace

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Alec

I've an F2 and mine doesn't have bosses for a crud catcher on the down tub

to me, it looks like the seat tube has been cut out and a round one welded in

also the stickers whilst genuine are (in some places) out of place, and the one on the head tube is later
F2's had the mostly black decal up front.

ask for the serial number, I'd be interest to know as much as you and you'll be able to look at the pace serial number thread and know for sure

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20895

Attachments

• Pace RC200 F2 1993.jpg
    Pace RC200 F2 1993.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 1,968
  • spuds pace f2.jpg
    spuds pace f2.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 1,965
Re:

Looks like it could be some kind of development between f2 and f3 maybe - hence why the finer details aren't sorted out [like extra milling, those cable guides etc].

Certain parts are defo F2, certain parts defo f3, which would suggest s development mule of some kind?

The seat clamp simply looks like a later replacement - an f4 or later to replace a failed f3 one?

I know the clamp of my f3 bent, and I replaced it with a new one from Pace to the same design, but if this was a development frame maybe it got replaced later with what was to hand or they'd run out of f3 clamps?

The welding around the 'fixed' clamp section looks pretty crude, certainly not as coherant as on the production frames, but doesn't look like a repair job, and is consistent with the rest of the welds.

Very interesting one though, and be interesting to hear what Pace say about it...

Re: Pace RC200 F2 frame....or not?

Yeah, it’s a strange beast. My F1 doesn’t have a nipple/hole behind the headtube, but this does.

Rear l/h dropout is also angled, not vertical....think mine is straight :roll:

Interesting

BTW Whats going on with the Royce.... theres no locking rings and the shells are screwed all the way in

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,928

The axle length can change bit its a 68mm bb not a 73mm

Unless its been offset to allow more clearance on the driveside, owing to
Like you say an overly short axle.

Easily put right

Re:

Serial number is RC0491 according to the owner, so looking at the serial number list, it is an F2.

Must've been repaired at some time.

Re: Re:

Bollox64":2zh0wijr said:
Serial number is RC0491 according to the owner, so looking at the serial number list, it is an F2.

Must've been repaired at some time.

Falls between mine and Mr Ships :D

still intrigued about the bosses in the down tube for a crud catcher

Attachments

• serial numbers.JPG
    serial numbers.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 1,778

Yeah, 499 couldn't be more "Square" if it wanted to be ;)

Just realised I've got 398 too, but that's an F1

Back