Overburys, Klein, Roberts, Raleigh

xxnick1975

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Just seen that Klein on eBay, was about to post it up actually ... very cool, especially with the colour matched rc30 forks. glwts

To be honest, there is not much left of the bike that used to be a Pinnacle. How can the Pace be color matching when the frame itself isn't?

I suppose the paint scheme shall be backfire but it is light years away from the original! Klein used for its backfire paint scheme neon varnish paints over yellow and white base coats. Thus depending on whether painted on the yellow or white base coat, the red varnish paint turned out as a neon pink (on white base coat) or neon red (on yellow base coat).

The bike on ebay has none of this. It uses solid plain paint and not even matching colours (where does the orange come from?!). It almst seems as if the painter was trying to copy the faded original colour he saw on that bike (neon red easily fades into orange) which is kind of funny.

The paint quality itself and the prep work seem to also not have been properly applied as you see alloy corrosion on quite a few places.

The most valuable parts are the control tech cantis and the Klein Mission Control (which is probably cut).

Just my thoughts ...

Cheers,
Andy

Andy107":2t6ca8c2 said:
To be honest, there is not much left of the bike that used to be a Pinnacle. How can the Pace be color matching when the frame itself isn't?

I suppose the paint scheme shall be backfire but it is light years away from the original! Klein used for its backfire paint scheme neon varnish paints over yellow and white base coats. Thus depending on whether painted on the yellow or white base coat, the red varnish paint turned out as a neon pink (on white base coat) or neon red (on yellow base coat).

The bike on ebay has none of this. It uses solid plain paint and not even matching colours (where does the orange come from?!). It almst seems as if the painter was trying to copy the faded original colour he saw on that bike (neon red easily fades into orange) which is kind of funny.

The paint quality itself and the prep work seem to also not have been properly applied as you see alloy corrosion on quite a few places.

The most valuable parts are the control tech cantis and the Klein Mission Control (which is probably cut).

Just my thoughts ...

Cheers,
Andy

Not the best post.

Happy to split the Roberts if anyone wants the frame/fork/headset only, say £175 posted?

Re the Klein, it was repainted by Argos, but over 10 years ago, so the little bit of bubbling around the brake cable exit hole has occurred since then, the other little chips are a bit of chain slap and the chip on the cross bar from the brake lever

The MC1 isn't cut

The bike was bike of the month back in April 2006, a win for BigLev, not me, I can't take the credit!

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/botm/botm-ap ... -pinnacle/

Appreciate it's expensive, but if anybody is interested via retro bike, happy to reduce it substantially to reflect the avoiding of eBay and PayPal fees

Back