Cheap Workstands at Wiggle

Ive been toying with the idea of a workstand for some time. Does any one know of a decent (but cheap!) freestanding workstand that can double as a storage stand for 2 bikes (one above the other)

My bikes live in the lounge (I live in an appartment with no safe external storage) so it would be great to be able to stack them and save some room.

Im still determined to make my own,i have been for 5 years :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
maybe i should just buy 1 and be done with it
£49 seem a bit too cheap though ,dow sturdy are they when turning the cranks ,adjusting the mechs
Any1 bought one can attest to their rigidity ?
There is a scaffolding attachment thats supposed to be great ,it has an adjustable clamp on a big sort of wing nut,any scaffolders here know about these things?

Dont know about the Wiggle one but I bought a Park Tools one from Merlin and it was the best 70 odd quid I have ever spent on anything bike related. It makes working on your bike so much easier, even if just cleaning it. Buy one, you wont regret it!

Trevor.

Im still determined to make my own,i have been for 5 years
£49 seem a bit too cheap though ,dow sturdy are they when turning the cranks ,adjusting the mechs
There is a scaffolding attachment thats supposed to be great ,it has an adjustable clamp on a big sort of wing nut,any scaffolders here know about these things?

Just ordered one so will let you know, but the sale ends on 18 Aug and they are back up to £89... Like most of these things, I imagine they are fine for the light use I will give them, just not up to shop/team use. As for making your own, the scaffold clamp sounds interesting, especially as I have a heavy duty TV stand with telescopic platform that is screaming out for some sort of clamp to make a stand.

South Bound":1svdfhnj said:
Im still determined to make my own,i have been for 5 years

Just ordered one so will let you know, but the sale ends on 18 Aug and they are back up to £89... Like most of these things, I imagine they are fine for the light use I will give them, just not up to shop/team use. As for making your own, the scaffold clamp sounds interesting, especially as I have a heavy duty TV stand with telescopic platform that is screaming out for some sort of clamp to make a stand.

Thats sort of what I did. I bought a Park Deluxe Wall Mount from the states and have built it a stand out of scaffolding. I could get you a picture if you want.

Back