NOS Titan Titanium

Re:

Good spot.....that would look lovely with a full Suntour xc comp/pro build!

I would love a half track myself if i could find one :cool:

Re:

Hmm. Old school racer Andy Pegg (anyone remember him?) had a titanium Titan E-stay back in the day, and it was so flexy that it would change up and down the chainrings when you honked it!

Re:

Can't remember Andy Pegg but I can remember seeing the black & white grainy image adverts for these Titan frames in MBA all those years ago. They always seemed good value but probably levelled out with other Ti frames once import tax & VAT was added. Nice to see a proper picture of one at last.

Re: Re:

player":1wpgnyeo said:
Good spot.....that would look lovely with a full Suntour xc comp/pro build!

I would love a half track myself if i could find one :cool:

I have a full Suntour xc pro which I'm unsire on what bike to put it on, or do I sell it, came off a 1991 20" Zaskar I've sold but have a 1991 18" running a mix of XT, LX and Gripshit so maybe I put it on that or do I just sell it? :?

IanS62":2m557lha said:
Hmm. Old school racer Andy Pegg (anyone remember him?) had a titanium Titan E-stay back in the day, and it was so flexy that it would change up and down the chainrings when you honked it!
Apparently the internet doesn't remember him either.
Wanted to see if I could find a picture of that Titan ti e-stay.
The 1/2 trac was an e-stay but not ti. Not aware of Titan
making anything other than the two models. If you have a
picture I'd love to see it.

Re:

file.php

Andy is the guy in the back row, white T shirt I think. He rode for Covent Garden Cycles (among many teams back in the 80/90s) who bought in Titan back in the day (I bought my one from them). Don't remember a titanium 1/2 tonne, just the steel ones hence their nickname. I think Andy rode a Funk, so maybe it was that rather than a Titan:

100_0147_750x563_198.jpg

His carbon repaired Funk

He's also featured in some Jo Burt strips in his time and a number of early mountain bike books and most recently rode for Team Mint Sauce.

pete_mcc":2jr4rtio said:

Never get tired of looking at this picture, some nice bikes obviously and a sneaky appearance from Jeremy Clarkson and Ian Botham in the top right :LOL:

mkone":36fu9iyh said:
pete_mcc":36fu9iyh said:

Never get tired of looking at this picture, some nice bikes obviously and a sneaky appearance from Jeremy Clarkson and Ian Botham in the top right :LOL:

And Eddie "The Eagle" just to the left of them.

Quite a celebrity line-up

;)

Latest posts

Back