Kona Lava Dome 1990 - Uxbridge £55

Re:

It took my a while to figure out what's going on there but now I see they're mounted upside down! Initially I thought they were just really fugly shifters...

Re:

Any better? ;)

Attachments

• LD_Bars.jpg
    LD_Bars.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 650
  • LD_Drivetrain2.jpg
    LD_Drivetrain2.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 650
  • LD_Drivetrain.jpg
    LD_Drivetrain.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 650
  • LD_Grass.jpg
    LD_Grass.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 650
Re:

Bit o'washin' works wonders. Not the wheels and tyres it came with though.

Attachments

• LD_Frame.jpg
    LD_Frame.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 650
  • LD_TT.jpg
    LD_TT.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 650
  • LD_NDS.jpg
    LD_NDS.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 650
  • LD_DriveSide.jpg
    LD_DriveSide.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 650
Re:

You sir....are a gent. Looks ace!! :) can't wait to collect the gate feom the gates ride lol

Re:

Interestingly (only interesting if you hanker after old Konas that is) the frame appears to have been sprayed white originally - it looks too thick to be undercoat. The red has been applied and then the decals and then lacquer over the top. I've never seen that on a 1990 model before. I'm 100% certain it is original paint as some of the decals are transparent and it is one of the few red ones I've seen (the others from the same year are mustard with splatter and solid white) as shown in the catalogue. The decals are different from the catalogue. The paint really shines in the sunlight, maybe cost of the red finish was prohibitive which is why so many white ones without lacquer are about. The serial number is quite long so no clue if it is a late or early frame, only 'F90' at the start, confirming the year.

The forks are Spinner and are chuffin' huge - the head tube is 7" long! The frame is 21" centre - top of the seat tube.

SP

Back