Bargain Turner Burner?

mamadirt

Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
s-l1600.jpg

Badly advertised as a Kona DH frame - initially thought it was a cheapo copy but those dropouts do look pretty Turneresque and it has a Turner head badge (not sure what's going on with that head tube weld though - I'd want better pics). £25 BIN from Swansea.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kona-downhill ... Sw~FJZGyjB

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Yep, definately a Turner.

Here's my old 98 Afterburner DH for comparison. Just look at the BB area.

IMG_1690 by FactoryJackson, on Flickr

Wish i'd never sold that bike and would love to buy this. If anyone feels kind enough to collect this for me and box up i'd be made up :)

Re:

Pictures coming soon, slowly building this up.

Stripped frame, cleaned/greased bearings, scotchbrite pad has given a good shine to the raw ally.

Assembled with new bolts, new bb, spare pedals and cranks. New front mech on sale from crc for few pounds.

Rockshox ario 2.2 damper was NOS from Planet X for £10, air can kit £13 from eBay, so a new air shock for £23. Mounting kit was also on sale from Planet X for £2, but had machine shop at work modify as it was incorrect size.

Turning into a bargain build as frame was only £25!

Bought some knackered pike 454 air from eBay for £50, uppers were shot so Planet X had Nos on sale for £25! Bought 2 pairs and sold one pair on eBay for £130! Which has paid for new seals, decals, paint and fork bushes. Not finished these yet.

Back