IBIS Silk Ti - theres dodgy and then theres DODGY!!

Re:

I've seen a few of these recently from CHina.
I don't get how the scam works though. You pay small money, nothing arrives, you get your paypal refund. It's low risk, quite a faff, you get nothing, and the seller gets nothing. So what is the seller getting out of it other than burning hours in his day.

Re: Re:

elite504":1kldd4yv said:
I don't get how the scam works though. You pay small money, nothing arrives, you get your paypal refund. It's low risk, quite a faff, you get nothing, and the seller gets nothing. So what is the seller getting out of it other than burning hours in his day.

I wondered the same thing. There seems to be loads of it going on right now

id fruad? pobably not their bank account. still seems nickle and dime, but its low effort and i guess if you are doing 100 diff scams a day it adds up

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Seller gets money, closes account. Closes bank account (quite possibly opened with false details). Opens new account, both bank and ebay/paypal.

Ebay/PayPal give you, the buyer, your money back.

Could clear several grand in the 3/4 weeks between setting up the account and the first "non-delivery" strike.

Re:

Yes

I've noticed a lot of stupidity low priced retro goods from China from 0 feedback accounts..

I don't believe the seller is actually trying to sell these items for a low value.

I believe they are just trying to age fake or stealth eBay accounts. By listing items that go unsold for 3 months to account slowly gets aged and privaledges and restrictions removed.

Re: Re:

elite504":2g8bmtw7 said:

Its likely the seller instantly transfers it out and thats that. Being China or who knows really, it looks like ebay/paypal would have no way of tracking where the money went. Or getting it back.

Criminals, so you dont want to even contact to shout abuse at them. Leave well alone and ebay will take care of it.

Obviously expensive bike bits, clearly extremely low prices and listed as being in China you'd need to be 100% gullible to fall for that.
I give cyclists a better level of intellect. Well, they cycle for starters :cool:

Back