Nice looking Dave Hinde, early 90s Columbus

Re:

Yeah not that much obviously, otherwise it wouldn't be on ebay

This bike has massive sentimental value to me so I can't let it go cheap

Re: Re:

Antstark":2spl8nq9 said:
This bike has massive sentimental value to me so I can't let it go cheap

Unfortunately people do not pay pounds for others' sentiments and they will only bid market value. I know exactly where you're coming from but would you pay over the odds on a bike because someone else has memories attached to it?........neither would I.
The world is an unforgiving place I'm afraid. :|

Re:

The rourke that I took to last years iconno is an exact match to this frame, even down to seat post collar and the campag brazed on cable guides. When I found mine it had the same dragon livery on but only had 4 digits for the serial number under the bottom bracket.

At the time I had never heard of dragon but could tell it was quality by the brazing once I had rubbed it down. So I took it to rourkes who had the frame number in there books and uncannily it was built by them for a guy name Matt Miller who was from Northwich which is where Dave Hindes is. So how could this happen, did rourkes build some of these for Dave Hinde

I never did find out the absolute truth but mine wears the decals of rourke and that's how it's staying

Re:

Never thought I would see another one! Must be to everyone's taste as its moved from £55 to £160 over night.
Although the frame is beautiful there are some nice components also.

Think I'm going to get mine out and give it a polish :D
Just had another closer look and the only difference I can see is the two cable guides for the gear cables are of the tube regular type where mine are the campag ball type like on the top tube

Latest posts

Back