Orange dynamo frame and bits

secret_squirrel

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Dynamo was a full race-type road bike and this looks more like a CX machine...

I have a built orange dynamo 93, in the more known dark grey, the same one seen in the Orange 93 catalogue. But looking at it, the welds and frame shape appear the same, will have a closer look tomorrow and confirm, but seems like a geniue dynamo to me.

Id guess that none of the groupo stuff is original (assuming it didn't come with campag Athena ) I'd assume it's a frame built up from someone's parts bin check out the canti hanger! Can't tell from the pic but the shifters could be 600 tricolor which probably makes them the best part on the bike.

Re:

Just had a close inspection, it has different cable guides on the top tube to mine, also the forks appear to have slightly more of a rake. Lastly my 93 dynamo does not have eyelets on the dropouts of fork or seatstays. So not sure what year it is?

I'm guessing it's probably one of oranges legendary mid year tweaks. The chain rings look right compared to the 93 catalogue but a hell of a lot else is different, also no sign of downtube shifter bosses. Not a d2 as they have a rear monostay.

Whenever I see Orange Dynamo I'm always reminded of:

file.php

secret_squirrel":16m3fg0i said:
I'm guessing it's probably one of oranges legendary mid year tweaks. The chain rings look right compared to the 93 catalogue but a hell of a lot else is different, also no sign of downtube shifter bosses. Not a d2 as they have a rear monostay.

honestly, i think it's way too extreme for that. It's something else, although what i dont know.

Latest posts

Back