Aquafade Yo Eddys for sale

Re:

Reckon getting the front brakes set up on that first one is going to be a little tricky :facepalm: :roll:

Nice bike! My size too

Re:

The AF Yo that sold a few months ago for $3550 had rust issues, I captured the pictures somewhere. These Yos can be hammered all day year in year out without fear of Alu cracking fatigue like Kleins. Just use plenty of internal anti rust protection.

There was some talk about rust while the price on ebay was still low. Please do share the pictures of the rust, I saw that bike in person a few years earlier, examined it in detail and also took pics. Afaik there were no disagreements between the seller and ebay buyer post sale.

mtbmaniac":1dd60k05 said:
There was some talk about rust while the price on ebay was still low. Please do share the pictures of the rust, I saw that bike in person a few years earlier, examined it in detail and also took pics. Afaik there were no disagreements between the seller and ebay buyer post sale.

Had to really dig these images out from that sale months ago ;) Bit harder to see at the restricted resolutions on here :facepalm: but here you go. Looks like the distinct possibility of tiny rust pinhole in the tubes. Nothing that should ultimately detract from such a frame. Its easy to fill these but imo its gone beyond ingnoring them to keep the sacrosanct original paint, so its a repaint.

Also pictured is a Taiwan made 88 Orange ( lots of warranty failures on these bitd ) with serious corrosions issues that made silly money for its condition imo. Sure its a rare bike for the year but it just shows people pay top dollar for 'a rose tinted patriotic dream' when the reality is a handmade US import rides so much better and is tig welded to a much higher standard.

Orange
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192073603309

Attachments

• IMG_1042.JPG
    IMG_1042.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 795
  • IMG_1043.JPG
    IMG_1043.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 795
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Not being funny mate but that was a special Orange, one of only a couple ever made and possibly the only one left, hand built to arguably a better standard. There was not loads of warranties on that one because there wasn't loads made.

If that Yo needs a new tube and a repaint it's vastly over priced.

When I examined it, it was with the 1st owner, who bought it new at a US dealer and brought it overseas. I wasn't particularly impressed with the paint, there were quite a few stains and imperfections. Seemed to me that the tubes were fine, definitely no holes, big or small.

Re: Re:

brocklanders023":wbe78jdp said:
Not being funny mate but that was a special Orange, one of only a couple ever made and possibly the only one left, hand built to arguably a better standard. There was not loads of warranties on that one because there wasn't loads made.

Tell me more about how this 88 Orange is 'so well made' and 'better' than a Yo Eddy FAT tig welded by Scott Bengston, who was tasked with building some of John Tomac's race bikes.

If that Yo needs a new tube and a repaint it's vastly over priced.

Agreed, that was my point when it was sold for such a high price but the ones listed on ebay now are more realistically priced imo ;)

Not trying to be mean about British handmade Orange bikes, founded in 88. I rode with a mate who had a 2 month old Clockwork back in 90, it cracked at the head tube after just normal CX duty in the Lakedistrict. Their welds were neither that strong or pretty.

Back