Fat Chance Yo Eddy £100 start price...

WWC

Senior Retro Guru

Attachments

• IMG_5578.JPG
    IMG_5578.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 1,592
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

''twas I'. I knew it most likely had a 'seat tube inspection window' (rust hole) and it did, but good sense left me leading me to save it. Happily, Eddy is already at a frame builder (Lee Cooper, Coventry) for repair and paint. That said I've asked him to take his time as I'll need to be paid first!

The pile of debris with it revealed some gems; notably a pair of unused but soiled Mavic 517 rims, a tidy rear XT hub on 231 (making a pair with a front I had hanging from the garage ceiling) and 2/3'rds of a King headset.

So I'm chuffed, but expecting a long haul on this one. Anyone got a silver bearing head cap in pewter? Plus I've got a bunch of tyres and an XTR chainset and BB for sale or swops - '97 vintage rigid or sus' fork anyone? Peace and love, H.

Re:

Mods please move to the relevant forum.

A bit of an update for you: another Yo lives! I've returned back from Lee Cooper (Coventry frame builder) with Yo in hand. Firstly, he has done a great job of cutting out the decayed seat tube and putting a new one in. I've since confirmed the frame as made in 1998. Sadly, a new BOI fork is beyond my purse.

Now one for the Fat fans - what size axle to crown fork should I buy? IIRC I think it should be 420mm for a rigid fork, or have 60mm travel for a suspension fork. Please let me know if I'm on the right lines and whether you might have a fork that could work.

Enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 708
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 708
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 708
  • image.jpg