Suntour motherload

al-onestare

BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
This is a closed group on Facebook but :shock:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

qm8h2W.jpg

I'm not questioning the worth of the stock, BUT to find a customer for it might be difficult, I guess.

Thing is, if the stock consists XC Pro/Superbe stuff exclusively, then it's worth it. But anything below these groups are considered dead-end garbage by the market, sadly. Just check evilbay prices for comparison.

Would you get XC LTD/XC Expert stuff to put it on your Fat Chance, even in NOS state? I highly doubt it. Remember the confusing variations of the compatiblity of cassettes vs rear rear hubs or the too complicated, quirky stuff, like Ergotec shifters(brrr).

Despite being a die hard Suntour fan, even I admit that lower class Suntour stuff feels, er, a bit lower and cheaper quality&performance-wise, whereas DX vs. XT of the same era works/looks quite similarly to each other, not to mention the 100% compatibilty between them.

These Road/MTB parts must be made in Japan of course, and desirable/sought after, like GG pedals, chainsets, mechs, shifters, brakes, hubs, not stems/ seatpost qr.-s, chains, or cables. I hope that"s the case and some brave mind will take the plunge. If not, buying this stock is going to be one damn fine foolhardy exercise, no less.

So the main question remains: if this suff gets bought and then poured on the retro market, will we ever be able to buy Grease Guard XC Pro pedals for sensible money again, pleeease??? :D :twisted: :facepalm:

Re:

I'll take a 1990 XCT groupset for my MuddyFox if there's one in there please :)
Don't think I can stretch to $75k though :shock:

You would be sitting on that stock for years and I doubt you would see your money back in your life time.

Re:

I've been after a NOS XC Pro braze front mech for ages. Let me know, I think it's in the second to last box. :LOL:

Back