Is this for real or a respray with eBay decals added...?

LikeClockwork

Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Only I can't find an Explosif with black paint, red decals anywhere in the catalogs, at least not with the 'jungle' graphics. Pics are so crap it's difficult to tell anything really!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172380532941? ... EBIDX%3AIT

I'm kind of outing it because I could feasibly pick this up quite easily and I would quite like it and I would get it but only if it's real but then again maybe even if it's not and it looks like it's my size and.......... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I work in Swindon so could get it over to the m5 Cheltenham for you next week.

Pics are crap. But parts are too mainly.

I thk its a cheap eBay sticker set. Where's the rest?

Ask questions

Re:

Thanks THM.

I think it's a bit late in the day to ask questions, plus they don't strike me as the sort who know anything about bikes (22" wheels....??!)

It's down tube routing for the gear cables, which I think means pre '97, and does look to have the 'pinched in' bit at the bottom of the seat tube, but an Explosif, maybe not :LOL:

Re:

Oh yeah, and it's not got a cable guide at the rear of the top tube for a V brake, so that's presumably another give away as to age, at least.

Re:

rackmounts on the chain stays and dropout eyelets, prety long chainstays. Does not look like a very high end frame, or an older one. Some of the Kona experts should be able to tell you more about it. Ask the buyer for a frame number, that will give a little more info on what it might be.

Re:

I would, but it finishes at 5ish tonight, so I think the chances of them understanding the question and having time to get back to me, especially if they're in work now.....slim.

(Edit: I should say I've only just seen this this morning, or I would have been asking relevant questions of the seller!)

Re:

It was a bit of a strange one, and I didn't bid in the end. In all fairness, people can be pretty ignorant about bikes in their possession - teenager goes off to Uni, leaves old bike in the shed, etc etc.
Maybe I'm just too kind :LOL:

Latest posts

Back