mk one

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
The seller is a good friend so if anyone needs any info i can pass it on :)
I would have it but its too big :( he has a few canti bosses but none fit not sure what size they are :roll:
Not too sure of year either, so if anyone has any ideas it would be good to know.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/kona-hei-hei- ... Sw-CpYB0wO

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
al-onestare":s0hx20fi said:
Not the best example I've ever seen so north of £400 would be too much IMO.

Yes, not pristine but does actually look better in person, the camera shots arent very flattering :) He wasnt sure on price and hopefully will find the canti stud before the sale :) :roll:

mkone":37c2tuhq said:
...... he has a few canti bosses but none fit not sure what size they are :roll:

The Brake Boss thread on a Titanium Kona frame is different from other Kona Frames.

M10 x 1.00mm will be required for this Hei Hei frame, while the more common M10 x 1.25mm is what you will find on other Kona frames.

I have no idea where you would find a spare – and no I don’t want to part with mine seen in the picture below ;)

DSCN5852_zps3b31pgjq.jpg

Pip.

pipmeister":35atvuy5 said:
mkone":35atvuy5 said:
...... he has a few canti bosses but none fit not sure what size they are :roll:

The Brake Boss thread on a Titanium Kona frame is different from other Kona Frames.

M10 x 1.00mm will be required for this Hei Hei frame, while the more common M10 x 1.25mm is what you will find on other Kona frames.

Pip.

:D Thanks Pip, it was a bit confusing/frustrating and hopefully he will find the original :roll:

mkone":22xq2vj4 said:
Not too sure of year either, so if anyone has any ideas it would be good to

Unless someone can confirm otherwise, I think it is a 1994 because:-

B prefix is pre-1998.

1997 is right out as it has front and rear Mech cable routing on the Downtube.

I have plenty if pictures of 1996 Hei Heis with a Top Tube rear cable stop, so this would seem to rule out that year, unless the really early 1996 batch didn't have them?

1995 is the year that I believe the Top Tube was slightly less sloping with a shorter Seat Tube extension, which is not the case with the one on e-Bay.

1995 Hei Hei:
Hei%20Hei%2095_6_zpshpcupfmv.jpg

1993 has a Canti rear hanger and pre-bullet dropouts… if the catalogue picture remained correct as they went to production that is. Although I will say that the one authentic worn looking decal at the bottom of the Seat Tube on the e-Bay frame does indeed look like 1993 :?

Oh and I found this too. They sell both M10 x 1.00mm and M10 x 1.25mm.The picture appears to be the same for both listings, although they do state 1.00mm thread for the link below. Sadly it says 2-4 weeks to the U.K.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/J-L-M10-1MM-T ... AQa9GtZ7fA

Pip

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
pipmeister":3bls5hzi said:
mkone":3bls5hzi said:
Not too sure of year either, so if anyone has any ideas it would be good to

Unless someone can confirm otherwise, I think it is a 1994 because:-

B prefix is pre-1998.

1997 is right out as it has front and rear Mech cable routing on the Downtube.

I have plenty if pictures of 1996 Hei Heis with a Top Tube rear cable stop, so this would seem to rule out that year, unless the really early 1996 batch didn't have them?

1995 is the year that I believe the Top Tube was slightly less sloping with a shorter Seat Tube extension, which is not the case with the one on e-Bay.

1993 has a Canti rear hanger and pre-bullet dropouts… if the catalogue picture remained correct as they went to production that is. Although I will say that the one authentic worn looking decal at the bottom of the Seat Tube on the e-Bay frame does indeed look like 1993 :?

Oh and I found this too. They sell both M10 x 1.00mm and M10 x 1.25mm.The picture appears to be the same for both listings, although they do state 1.00mm thread for the link below. Sadly it says 2-4 weeks to the U.K.

Pip

:D Thanks again. I thought '95 early '96 because of the lack of the rear cable stop, but didnt know about the differences in top tube slope and seat tube length of the '95 models :) good to know, thank you. The only thing which caused me doubt was, as you noticed, the earlier seat tube decal. Oh, and thanks for the link for the brake boss :cool:

Mark

Latest posts

Back