Klein attitude dolomite £26

player

GT Fan
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Yeah wonder how many more good poundings that last section of upper seattube can take before the inevitable happens. No doubt it will make a
fortune. Bikes like this always remind me why I prefer Ti.

Re: Re:

M-Power":gh6kyfzw said:
Yeah wonder how many more good poundings that last section of upper seattube can take before the inevitable happens. No doubt it will make a

And good old steel my friend :cool:

It does amaze me why old thin walled alloy frames command the money they do.

Its not like they last long if you take them offroad again after years of sitting around and gathering fatigue!!!

Re: Re:

player":3ng35a0b said:
M-Power":3ng35a0b said:

And good old steel my friend :cool:

It does amaze me why old thin walled alloy frames command the money they do.

Its not like they last long if you take them offroad again after years of sitting around and gathering fatigue!!!

I was gonna say steel too but that has to be looked after properly also ( framesaver) , especially if it's the super thin quality stuff. At least it doesn't fatigue like Alu.

A salvage job for the forks then...how much do they resell for? i.e. more than the current auction price?

jonrock":30t1clg0 said:
mechagouki":30t1clg0 said:
Had one of those, head tube snapped clean off, 20 years ago.

You must have a picture!

J

Sadly i have only one image of the bike (people weren't so snap-happy before digital/cellphones).

1992attitude.jpg

And I should point out that I didn't snap the headtube off, it was the bike's fourth owner (I was second) and yet remarkably KLEIN still honoured the warranty and gave him a new frame. I actually didn't love that bike. Beautiful to look at, a rocket on smooth packed dirt (think early 1990s XC courses), but a jittery nightmare on SDW broken chalk. I moved on to a steel Stumpjumper with a suspension fork - one of the best bikes I've ever owned.

Gosh, look at that seat angle! What was I thinking?

al-onestare":16e9go5o said:
A salvage job for the forks then...how much do they resell for? i.e. more than the current auction price?

Agree, I suspect the frame will find it's way back on sale shortly after everything is stripped off. I think one of these forks sold recently in the members sales?

Back