Marin Team Issue M900 BIN

Re:

I've upgraded to a worse bike, would seem a contradiction and not the best selling tool. I'd be surprised if the price ends up anywhere near that.

Re:

Seller is a bit of a dingbat:

Bike on buy it now at £750 and he said this: While in Evans bikes in Crawley the guy doing the service offered me £500 for the bike so grab a bargain

Not a bargain is it then...

Re: Re:

KDM":1ecnm6to said:
I've upgraded to a worse bike, would seem a contradiction and not the best selling tool. I'd be surprised if the price ends up anywhere near that.

:?

That's a bit harsh, I own a 1991 Eldridge and a 2001 Chameleon, and whilst I love how the Marin looks, I'd still choose the SC over it for trail riding.

Terrible listing in general though, no frame size mentioned, foolish mention of being offered less than the BIN price by a knowledgeable mechanic, and (why does this happen so often) no clear side on picture of the complete bike.

Re:

It's just up the road from me....but agreed the ad is terrible! You'd hope he'd know the bike was a Team issue not a team! The bike just isn't quite worth the asking price as it's missing a few original parts like the forks (rockstars or Manitou 1/2's) and isn't the rear hub a later one amoungst other 'issues'. These bikes were £1390 new in '93 and were £250 more with the correct manitou option and were highly regarded bitd, the frames are superb quality. Correctly kitted out this bike is probably worth more than £750 in top condition.
I have a near catalogue spec one of these with the manitou 1 upgrade and certainly wouldn't let it go for less than £750, although I'm never selling it anyway and would rather jump on it than my kleins & manitou & fat chance (most now sold due to being less fun (usable) than my Team issue!)

Might be worth a punt if the seller see's sense price wise...... ;)

I've been watching this bike with interest too mainly as I rebuilt one I got from eBay and as per your post Shawn I can't agree more, these bikes sure ride beautifully. It's got around the same number of original parts mine had when I turned if from a mess to what I feel is pretty tidy, going to probably cost the best part of £150 plus time and effort to get it right I'd say.

If someone can get him down to £500 it may be worth it?

This

To this

Re:

You've done absolute wonders to that bike Tim it's superb!

And I'm quite tempted to make a cheeky offer as it's only up the road from me, you never know as I don't think he will get anywhere near the £750....

Although do I need another...... :LOL:

image_123.jpeg

Minifreak":1l1dojl5 said:
Have you tried messaging him with an offer? Would make a nice winter build :)

Tempted... but I'm waiting on the offer of another bike that will potentially bankrupt me :LOL:

Minifreak":2o3apb6t said:
Have you tried messaging him with an offer? Would make a nice winter build :)
And I forgot I have this to play around with over the next few months...

IMG_3263.jpg

Back