nos Adroit frame,1996.

Re:

The buyout by Trek was completed in 1995. That Koi Adroit on eBay is actually a 1997 model even though it was manufactured in Sept 1996. I have a Koi that was made in April 1996 and, it too, is a 1997.

Re:

Always wondered on this. At what point after the buyout in 95, did they use the last of the Klein frames and start using the TreKlein ones?

sure looks like a 'proper' klein frame to me but does the year really affect prices that much? always amazed at the level of klein knowledge out there..

Wow, looks nice - I love the attention to detail on the paintwork of these bikes. Not sure I would or could dig that deep into my pocket and keep my current wife. Nice knowing a new bike will soon be born :)

Re: Re:

KDM":93d415uu said:
Always wondered on this. At what point after the buyout in 95, did they use the last of the Klein frames and start using the TreKlein ones?

Im not sure of the exact dates, but in '96, Trek/Klein in essence dropped the "true" classic Adroit with the 2" diameter downtube. And in the '97 model year, the "Adroit" used the previous year's Attitude frame, and the "Attitude" used a combination of the previous year's Pulse and Attitude frames. It got really confusing as well because there were suddenly 3 variations of both Attitudes and Pulses = Pro, Race and Comp versions of each. Needless to say, the results of the buyout and the Klein brand are now history...

A while back, I wrote a comparison article showing some of the changes Klein made to their frames even before the buyout. http://www.oldklein.com/history/evolution

Re: Re:

SF Klein":14q0g3a2 said:
KDM":14q0g3a2 said:

Im not sure of the exact dates, but in '96, Trek/Klein in essence dropped the "true" classic Adroit with the 2" diameter downtube. And in the '97 model year, the "Adroit" used the previous year's Attitude frame, and the "Attitude" used a combination of the previous year's Pulse and Attitude frames. It got really confusing as well because there were suddenly 3 variations of both Attitudes and Pulses = Pro, Race and Comp versions of each. Needless to say, the results of the buyout and the Klein brand is now history...

A while back, I wrote a comparison article showing some of the changes Klein made to their frames even before the buyout. http://www.oldklein.com/history/evolution

Wow, your knowledge is admiral to say the least. :)

That was a strong price for that vintage frame in my opinion. I have the same frame built up in full XT in mint condition and its a great little bike but sees zero trail time as its too small for me.

kTleih.jpg

Back