Specialized for Olympic Games 1996 original bike

Axxl70

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

new to this forum (I am a German roadie with lots of credetials in german speaking rennrad-news.de forum) I'd like to check interest in a 46 cm Specialized M2 with full XTR and SID, incl Original Specialized Carbon handlebar. This version was not for sale but a limited edition for the Olympic Games 1996.

Thinking about 1k Euro plus shipping. Bike is located in Germany.

Thanks for letting me post this bike here.
Best
Axel

Attachments

• Spezi 2 klein.jpg
    Spezi 2 klein.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,077
Welcome! Really cool bike you have there. I reside in Atlanta and got to see the MTB event held in Conyers, GA and vaguely recall seeing a few Specialized bikes. I think they were rocking red S-Works M2s but may be mistaken. I do know Bart Brentjens (Netherlands) took the precious on an American Eagle and then moved on to Team Specialized I believe the next year. We are the same age and I recall being extremely impressed that he was able to put forth such an awesome performance in the extreme Georgia humidity.

Thanks Sir! Indeed, this was not a bike for the pros but for dealers only who received it as a special treat. Sticker on Downtube says: For Race only - not for resale. Specialized stickers under paint in Worldcup rainbow.

Anybody interested?

Smithjss70":25pq9qyi said:
I recall being extremely impressed that he was able to put forth such an awesome performance in the extreme Georgia humidity.

the rumour at the time was that he trained for Atlanta on a turbo trainer, in a sauna! :shock: :LOL:

scant":2bzl4l9a said:
Smithjss70":2bzl4l9a said:
I recall being extremely impressed that he was able to put forth such an awesome performance in the extreme Georgia humidity.

the rumour at the time was that he trained for Atlanta on a turbo trainer, in a sauna! :shock: :LOL:

Don't doubt

Re:

Axel
I think some pictures would help...the one posted is of such low res it's hard to actually see the condition of the bike
Carl

very nice machine Axel.
There has been one or two of these surface lately. There was one on here earlier this year and it was really nice, think it was just a frame and fork from memory. Yours being a full machine is really cool, especially if its all original.

Jamie

Re:

Thanks, this was a frame only then, there were no "complete" bikes. Mine was spec'ed by a Canadian dealer with XTR and RaceFace components.
Will post photos either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Kind regards
Axel

Back