Nice Saracen Kili Ultra titanium

Wow, they're like buses, although the 1994 is the one to have ;)

It looks like a '95 judging by the decal colours and judging by the pics and the measurement that is a 15". They made them as 15", 17" and 19". Saracen measure from BB to the centre of the top tube. The seat tubes stick up above by a couple of inches so often get included in measurements.

It is definitely the Ti frame as evidenced by the dropouts, brake bosses etc. Doesn't have much if any of it's original kit on it which was a XTR/XT mix, Ritchey finishing kit, Hope hubs etc. Still very nice though.

Re: Re:

BoyBurning":1ccsm234 said:
Always thought these frames had such ugly, crude dropouts...

I quite like their brutalist nature but I know what you mean, especially compared to the dinky, elegant, shrouded Ritchey ones on their posher steel frames. The other beefy bit on the ti frames is the brake bosses; they're enormous have a look in the pictures.

Re: Re:

Benmac":2q6sap93 said:
I quite like their brutalist nature but I know what you mean, especially compared to the dinky, elegant, shrouded Ritchey ones on their posher steel frames. The other beefy bit on the ti frames is the brake bosses; they're enormous have a look in the pictures.

What year is yours mate? I should never have looked at yours :facepalm:

:D Mine's a '94. I think the frames are exactly the same year to year, just the decals that changed.

The ebay one has the same cable noodle arrangement as mine (and my Kili XTR) that means you can't fit a V brake at the back without either running cable outer all the way from the front (ugh!) as the ebay one has done or fitting an extra cable stop thing like I have on the Kili XTR.

Back