Scott Endorphin carbon xc bike 1997 £650 or ebay auction off

krist

Retro Newbie
For sale/auction is my old Scott Elite Racing Project Endorphin (1997)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Scott-Project ... Sw2x1XL0yw

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Frame Size - Medium (~18”) : suitable for someone between 5’ 5” and 5’11” tall.

I bought it second hand in 2003 and I used it regularly till 2007. It’s been in storage since then!

The frame is a softtail, giving up to 25mm of vertical compliance, making it a less jarring ride than a hardtail. Unlike a full suspension frame: it doesn’t need regular maintenance either!

This one has not been raced and it still feels nice and tight. The frame has some superficial cracks around the rear cable bosses and brake bosses but they aren’t in the carbon. The top tube has some paint damage caused by the bar ends but it hasn’t damaged the carbon underneath. Various other small paint chips are present but otherwise the frame is in very good condition.

The bike was serviced about three months before storing it, and everything works as it should. The wheels were custom built and have only seen about 3 months/200 miles of riding. It feels like riding a new bike!

The specification is as follows: -

• Frame: Scott Project Endorphin Thermobuild seamless carbon fibre. Elite Racing 1997 colours (version with AVS)
• Brakes: Magura HS33s Hydraulic rim brakes (new brake blocks fitted)
• Wheels: Mavic XC717 32h rims, DT Champion double butted spokes, Shimano Deore XT hubs
• Tyres: Continental Gravity 2.3”
• Chainset: Shimano Deore XT - 9 speed 11-32 cassette
• Derailleurs: Shimano Deore XT
• Shifters: Shimano Deore LX (original)
• Selle Italia Gel Flow men’s saddle.
• Fork: Marzocchi Bomber MX Comp Air 04 with ETA . 120mm travel with compression lock-out lever.
• Kore LiteStem 3 and Kore AT-1 flat bars (original)
• Headset: Token sealed with ABC bearings.
• Seatpost: Scott Alloy 27.4 (original)
• Hope quick release seat clamp
• VDO Matrix HC12.9 bike computer with heart rate monitor (strap included)

Please note that the Eggbeater SL pedals are not included in this auction/sale.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back