96 explosif?

redzephyr

Kona Fan
Resprayed, no decals, has a boss for the rear brake on the top tube, cant see the seat stay indents (they just look flattened rather than the deep indents seen in most 96 frame pictures), tubes definitely look bi oval...So maybe late 96 model?

Cant see bottom of the fork properly, might be a TB P2?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/111976142869

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
the drive side drop out of my 96 Explosif looks different to that from the ebay ad. Maybe a 95 Explosif resprayed ? Never had one, so maybe someone else can proof that ? But that year the Explosifs does only have the dog hanger for the rear brakes and no brazed on brake bosses. Later one brazed on ?

Re:

Yeah thought that dropout looked funny but I think its just the angle of the shot. Seller has updated after I asked questions. Forks are standard DB. He says it was green and still pointing to 96.

al-onestare":20f7sjdt said:
Whatever it is, that's a nasty colour.

+ 1

there was another Explosif in green; 94 - but that was made of Tange tubes (rather nice, too) :)

I checked again the drop out of my two Columbus Max tubed 96 Explosif and the style looked totally different to that one :?

Can take a pic. later on and post it here.

The dropout has certainly been replaced, and the rear brake cable stop must have been added at the same time.

This is a '95/'96 Max OR Explosif. They were known for breaking at the right rear dropout.

one-eyed_jim":27ply6z6 said:
The dropout has certainly been replaced, and the rear brake cable stop must have been added at the same time.

This is a '95/'96 Max OR Explosif. They were known for breaking at the right rear dropout.

Agreed.

one-eyed_jim":24mep10z said:

my guess too, and agree that was the weak spot of that frames (had one with that failure, but the guy who "repaired" the frame reused the original dropout).

Back