Kona Hei Hei 1989/90 19"

al-onestare

BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

That's ace! With those frame details it's an early one as well - '91/'92. The fork is indeed a lovely thing as well :)

I would be having to raid the savings if it was a frame/fork package as I've wanted an early Hei for years (ever since seeing pictures of Cindy Devine's race bike) and it's my kind of size. Most of the remaining kit looks to be neither here or there really.

With respect to the seller there's a fair bit of sentimental valuation going on there I reckon....

Re:

Just what I am after but well over priced seeing as that is a modern fork not a ti P2.

Re:

the frames nice but everything else on it I could leave...nice to see a ti fork but im not sure about this one, would prefer to see a p2 tb fork on it :D a 92 frame 20" went for £400 last year so not sure how much the fork is worth but I think its well over priced

$_57.JPG

Re:

dropouts and rear brake noodle says it's an early Heihei.
But 90 ? I would say 92, but I don't really know when Merlin stopped to make the frame for Kona. In a june 91 magazine, I have reader that Kona was looking for someone else for making its titanium frames…

Re:

This is identical to my old 92 I would say so my estimate is that the OPs estimation on of 89/90 may be out by a few years

Re: Re:

24pouces":yfs3onu8 said:
dropouts and rear brake noodle says it's an early Heihei.

Hey Pierre!
Early to me would indicate a Merlin frame, which would have Merlin dropouts. The ones on this bike are clearly Sandvik.

A Merlin frame would also have a pressfit BB and a TBG decal.

Back