white/blue Saracen frame.

Re:

Frameset's Tange. Prestige I think, from around '96.

This one's been knocking about for a month, but has now come down to a sensible(!) price given the condition.. Bit of a bargain after a repaint :cool:

Re:

Haven't seen any of these built up with white forks before Mike - that looks really smart!

Re: Re:

Osella":39arsoql said:
Haven't seen any of these built up with white forks before Mike - that looks really smart!

Thanks mate :cool:

I don't know what forks they are - not original - , but they came with the frame I bought from a Retrobiker

It's a lovely ride as it goes.

Mike

I bought this one. I have owned from new a tange prestige tubed 94 Kili XTR that's 19". I was always slightly between sizes on them though so it'll be fun to build up this smaller one.

Plan will be a repaint in the original colour scheme then a build up mainly from bits and bobs I have kicking about while trying not to make it too much of a hotch potch.

Mike Muz 67":2tb3d7xu said:
I don't know what forks they are - not original - , but they came with the frame I bought from a Retrobiker

Forks look like Saracen originals; some were made by Spinner and were P2-inspired, called 'Saracen Maxdrive'. I've got some from a Saracen and some on a Carrera of the same era, stock on the Saracen "...trax" bikes. Not to be confused with the other 'Saracen Maxdrive' segmented forks stock on the Kili range :facepalm: Do they say Spinner on the dropouts?

Benmac":10ck42pq said:
I bought this one. I have owned from new a tange prestige tubed 94 Kili XTR that's 19". I was always slightly between sizes on them though so it'll be fun to build up this smaller one.

Plan will be a repaint in the original colour scheme then a build up mainly from bits and bobs I have kicking about while trying not to make it too much of a hotch potch.

Sweet! Was it £25 quid you got it for (+post)?
Very nice, specially if it's Prestige tubing too. Some nice wheels & the rest of the kit won't matter too much. Nice thing about a frame-only original; nobody can say it's not catalogue-spec ;)

Osella":31g50b7b said:
Mike Muz 67":31g50b7b said:

Forks look like Saracen originals; some were made by Spinner and were P2-inspired, called 'Saracen Maxdrive'. I've got some from a Saracen and some on a Carrera of the same era, stock on the Saracen "...trax" bikes. Not to be confused with the other 'Saracen Maxdrive' segmented forks stock on the Kili range :facepalm: Do they say Spinner on the dropouts?

That's interesting, I'll go and have a look later. Shall report back

Mike

Latest posts

Back