Kilauea frame in Taunton

That's in really nice nick and a proper size - 20", 1997 model. Brilliant frame, well worth getting (I'd have snapped it up by now this time last year!)

Been up before. Really nice and all but 20" frame means long steerer and if going p2's or similar then a big price.

Re:

Lovely frames. I had one that size that I sold to Agency Scum. He's down that way. Wonder if it's the same one..?

Re: Re:

suburbanreuben":20r87vnj said:
Lovely frames. I had one that size that I sold to Agency Scum. He's down that way. Wonder if it's the same one..?

A_S still has his, he loves it. It's been repainted now though

coomber":lrkdp6y6 said:
Been up before. Really nice and all but 20" frame means long steerer and if going p2's or similar then a big price.

Don't I know it!

Joking aside, it's worth the investment and may I be so bold to say that if you fit a decent pair of suspension forks, you get an equally good ride. It means you can work-around the steerer issues if you can get replaceable ones that are longer i.e. Pace, Z1's, etc.

Like all Kona frames this year - yeah I know, I'm biased - don't repaint, especially this one. It's got a really nice, subtle metallic tint, and has a big black undercoat so a) it's really hard-wearing and b) is very hard to reproduce without it costing a fortune.

al-onestare":3h2iumzd said:
coomber":3h2iumzd said:

Don't I know it!

Joking aside, it's worth the investment and may I be so bold to say that if you fit a decent pair of suspension forks, you get an equally good ride. It means you can work-around the steerer issues if you can get replaceable ones that are longer i.e. Pace, Z1's, etc.

Like all Kona frames this year - yeah I know, I'm biased - don't repaint, especially this one. It's got a really nice, subtle metallic tint, and has a big black undercoat so a) it's really hard-wearing and b) is very hard to reproduce without it costing a fortune.

Yeah that is fair enough. I am pretty tempted to be honest. Have modern kit I could bung on it, 1 x 10 setup... overkill?

Latest posts

Back