incorrigible's 1-cent e-stay frame sale,ENDED EARLY(trades?)

incorrigible

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I have some frames up for auction on eBay with 1-cent starting bids and no reserve.

These are frames that are too tall for me that I've purchased over the years, partly to add to my collection, but mainly for the parts.

Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Vintage-Frames- ... =1&_ipg=50

I'll be adding one frame per day for about a week, so check back soon.

Happy New Year! :D

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Okay, it appears that my auctions were pulled because I violated some eBay policy by mentioning brand names that are similar to the ones listed for auction, i.e., "like Alien, Alpinestars".

Who knew? Now I know.

Stay tuned. I'll re-list shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Re: Re:

incorrigible":t2apav2b said:
Okay, it appears that my auctions were pulled because I violated some eBay policy by mentioning brand names that are similar to the ones listed for auction, i.e., "like Alien, Alpinestars".

Who knew? Now I know.

Hmm, I wonder if the plethora of other retro ads that say "NOT Klein, Yeti" will get pulled for this reason also haha!

I presume therefore that there is not an Alpinestars amongst your lot of frames?

regan_ev":169igcsf said:
incorrigible":169igcsf said:

Who knew? Now I know.

Hmm, I wonder if the plethora of other retro ads that say "NOT Klein, Yeti" will get pulled for this reason also haha!

I presume therefore that there is not an Alpinestars amongst your lot of frames?
That pisses me off big time. The 'Not/Like' brigade. Timewasting wankers.

regan_ev":3usl934c said:

I'd seen other folks do that ("like", "not"), so I didn't think it was a big deal. Thanks for letting me know otherwise.

Message to me from eBay: "Generally sellers should avoid words such as like, style, not, inspired, inspired by, similar to, better than, type, as worn by, made popular by, brand name/keyword etc. in the title of the listing as they may be interpreted as search manipulation."

Apparently,it's specifically the word "like" that they (ironically) did not like. As an example. I just bought this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yokota-hardtail ... 7675.l2557

Note that Yeti is listed in the title, but not the word "like", or any of those other eBay watch-words. I actually found this by doing a search for Yeti, so I really didn't mind. I was actually glad to have found it because I hadn't bothered to search for "Yokota", and it certainly didn't turn up in any of my searches for "elevated chainstay" or "e-stay".

btw, Yes, one is an A-stars.

fagin":3usl934c said:
That pisses me off big time. The 'Not/Like' brigade. Timewasting wankers.
Again, didn't think it was a big deal. and it was the first time I'd done it, so technically I was only a member of that brigade for about an hour before eBay gave me the big "like" smack-down, but I guess that's kind of like OJ Simpson saying that he only killed people for a few minutes... :oops:

I can assure you, and in fact the entire RB community, that it won't happen again.

Auctions forthcoming, although I might have to wait until after work today, otherwise I might get another smack-down from my boss.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: incorrigible's 1-cent e-stay frame sale (sorta kinda)

And I formally retract any inference that you might be a wanker.

fagin":2jsj698m said:
And I formally retract any inference that you might be a wanker.
...and I therefore steadfastly and profusely apologize for any involvement in, relationship to, or association with any wankery of any kind, whether real or imagined, no matter how incidental or unintentional said wankery may or may not have been, and I furthermore endeavor to refrain from any such activities that even remotely resemble wanking from this moment forward; ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7mIy97_rlo

That said, let the games begin! Release the hounds!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Vintage-Frames- ... rmvSB=true

And may these worthy steeds find refuge in the hands of a caring Retrobiker who appreciates their value, understands their contribution to history, and who can nurse them back to a semblance of their former glory....

...as opposed to some guy looking for a cheap ride to trash (that's what department store bikes are for, right?).

regan_ev":2jsj698m said:
I'll keep an eye out then - what is it exactly?
Red 18.5" Cro-Mega DX.

incorrigible":yy0esk9t said:
regan_ev":yy0esk9t said:
I'll keep an eye out then - what is it exactly?
Red 18.5" Cro-Mega DX.

I think they were available as either 17.5 or 19, and it looks like the latter. It's nice - but too big for me and the shipping cost just puts it out of reach even for a penny.
GLWS of that and the others :)

I thought I'd measured all of these very carefully. I just checked the 1992 catalog (here: viewtopic.php?t=88026), and I agree it's what they refer to as a 19" frame, but they also refer to it as a 48 cm model, which is just under 19 inches. In any case, it's definitely not the 17.5" (45 cm) model or the 20.5" (52 cm) model. I'll update the listing, thanks.

Back