1995 Kona Kilauea with Hot 853 decals

Pipmeister

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Here’s another resprayed Kona with Reynolds 853 and Hot decals; despite not being either!

Once again the seller is stating that the correct decals (this time apparently a Kilauea) were not available!

I’ll pass on suggesting what it actually is…. as I made such a pig’s ear of the last Kona that one-eyed_jim managed to identify.

The seller states original Project 2 forks. The pair fitted are plain gauge, while the original P2 option would have been the superior Triple Butted.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kona-Kilauea- ... SwHaBWhRRZ

Pip

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Change in the bulge of the top tube between seat tube and head tube, plus the bulge/visible butting on the seat tube where it meets the bb, are identical to my 93 kilauea, so I'd say yes it is indeed a kilauea :)

Re:

It's back again, and with the same somewhat inaccurate description - The Project Two forks seen here are not the original pair that would have been fitted. :roll:

Collection only from Bognor Regis with £150 start.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kona-Kilauea- ... 1968149867?

Pip

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
haggis":2jn7921r said:
How can you tell its not the triple butted P2s?

Plain gauge and Triple Butted have different welded Dropouts - regardless of them being Spinner or Kona.

Plain Gauge:

Triple Butted:

e-Bay:

Pip

Attachments

• Project 2 390 plain gauge.JPG
    Project 2 390 plain gauge.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 1,504
  • large_DSC_4267.JPG
    large_DSC_4267.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 1,504
  • Ebay P2.JPG
    Ebay P2.JPG
    176.9 KB · Views: 1,505
Re:

I just got back from Bognor, lovely day at the seaside :LOL:
Did a deal for £100.
My guess is he did the paint job and the decals are just stickers, possibly an inkjet printer job!
He said he bought it off his mate for £600 and his mate bought it for £2000 and it had Marzocci forks. Apparently was pink originally.
If any of you can help identify it that'd be much appreciated. Only numbers I can see are 4I-11 on the bottom of the BB shell and BI 0569 on the top.

Attachments

• IMG_0740.JPG
    IMG_0740.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,260
  • IMG_0741.JPG
    IMG_0741.JPG
    137 KB · Views: 1,260
  • IMG_0742.JPG
    IMG_0742.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 1,260
  • IMG_0745.JPG
    IMG_0745.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 1,260
  • IMG_0746.JPG
    IMG_0746.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 1,260
Re:

I'd get some paint thinners and try to rub some of that green paint off to see whats underneath. It might give a better clue to it's real identity.

Back