Titanal

Johnboy

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

So, we've established that I am no metallurgist and I'll admit I had been partaking of some fortified wine, hence the juvenile post that started this.

But my comment wasn't entirely without some thought behind it. The first being the lack of corrosion on what I thought were naked forks. After doing a bit of translation I can now see they are lacquered, also I thought the welds were particularly small and tidy, in my defence my vision was a bit blurry at the time.

However can someone explain the 'curve' comment. I'm not trying to be funny, I would genuinely like to know. I have seen Ti forks which have curved 'legs', although maybe not this much and they don't taper towards the dropouts either. If Ti forks were curved to that extent would it mean they were likely to fail?

Rampage":13ywhv16 said:
Forks look nickel or chrome plated. There is rust around one of the holes near the dropout.

That makes sense, lacquer itself wouldn't be sufficient especially when you can see it's flaking in places.

Back