kona?

Re: kona

lowe1677":2iarw1cd said:
just been looking at konas and it looks like it could be a 1992 kona fire mountain

The 1992 Firemountain had straight P2's and curved were last on the Firemountain in 1989 ..

Re:

may be an 89 then as it looks to have a mountain lx crank,the bike looks like it has had a few parts changed over the years,but im posotive its a kona.

What look like XT mechs, and an 89/90 Velocity, based on its decal.

I would say '90 Explosif with the splatter chipped off (!!!!) but it can't be that as it has the '91/92 dropped top tube, though it's hard to tell as the seat is right down seeing as it's a 20" - clearly too big for someone.
Cable routing and rack mount is right for a Kona too.
Could be absolutely anything in the range, but I'm certain it's something in a '91/92, seeing as they all came in black.

Could be, who knows.

Probably a Cinder Cone at best, likely less than that. It wouldn't be the only low end '92 Kona with XT out there :roll:

Ghosty":2wzjprw8 said:
Could be, who knows.

Probably a Cinder Cone at best, likely less than that. It wouldn't be the only low end '92 Kona with XT out there :roll:

Yes that thought had crossed my mind although i had considered the possibility that the original forks were damaged and replaced at some point but the more i think about it the more crazy the idea seems :roll: ..

Well the stem is off a '90 so it's an odd one, I'd say it's pretty plausible.

£30 isn't bad for a '90 Velocity, XT mech and some general spares.

Back