96 Hei Hei

Re:

I’m in no way related to this sale but in all fairness the marks are minimal for a 20-year-old frame that has been used, the price reflects that and acceptable pictures have been added to show the extent of the “damage”. Having said that, I would agree to say “no worth mentioning” is not appropriate. For a collector is certainly worth mentioning and even for somebody like me looking to build it up to be ridden is nice to set the right expectation to avoid disappointment.
All in all I still think is a great buy.

Re:

We've been fortunate this year that there have been some very tidy Hei Hei's. This is currently priced competitively and it's worth baring previous sales in mind if it rises.

Re:

OP what makes you say its a '96? Seller states '94/95 and I'm pretty sure the '96 was the year they had the non Kona geometry i.e. Short seat tube extension above top tube and less of a sloping top tube.

Re:

Actually I didn't even give it much thought, just saw the grey decals and automatically though 96.

So it's a 19" and with 655 at the end, that's a 95. The decals, if original are 94 so it's all indicating a later 94 range purchase. as per Haggis, the geometry was different in 96.

al-onestare":2bkni83k said:
So it's a 19" and with 655 at the end, that's a 95. The decals, if original are 94 so it's all indicating a later 94 range purchase. as per Haggis, the geometry was different in 96.

Agreed..... and this is something that we also may agree on:

Is it possible that the "super super super small ding/scratch on the top tube which is cosmetic which can be seen in 3 of the pictures. It's almost not worth mentioning." was a Cable Stop that has been removed.

See the picture below the e-Bay frame for a correctly positioned Cable Stop for a Hei Hei.

95%20Hei%20hei%20eBay_zpswep7uokp.jpg

Hei%20Hei%2095_19_zpslanqpylp.jpg

Pip.

Latest posts

Back