Mountain Klein and Mavic wheels job lot Exeter

That Mountain Klein is seriously cool. I also see an Alpinestars frame and a Specialized frame. (Rockhopper maybe?) Not sure about the black one.

sheard":wc8q45t5 said:
That Mountain Klein is seriously cool. I also see an Alpinestars frame and a Specialized frame. (Rockhopper maybe?) Not sure about the black one.

Love to know the year, pre 89 maybe?

I'm too far away to make this viable. Would like to buy the Klein fork if anyone else is interested/going for the rest...

Re:

I live near exeter about 10-15 min away if anyone wants to bid who can't collect.

Mega busy at moment but should be able to collect ok in my van at weekend.

If I bid/win/pay for all items but only receive the MK frame and fork + pair of Ritchey Megabytes - would either of you local chaps be interested in collecting and sending on to me. You get to keep all the other items as payment...

From ad:

Welcome to this auction for a cache, stash or even hoard of mountain bike bits

Clearing out the loft prior to moving I came across the results of a retro bike building addiction so I've decided to put a lot of it up for sale

What we have here are four frame and fork sets, including a rate Klein and some really nice wheelsets a few odd forks and a load of chainsets and pedals

Highlights are

Wheelsets:

1 pair Mavic Oxygen M6CD on XT M730 hubs. Good logos, no tyres fitted
1 pair Araya RM17 on XT M730 hubs, Excellent logos, tyres are Duro Rocky wolf, Paanaracer TimbukII clean tyres, good tread

1 Pair Mavic 231 on XT M730 hubs Logos fair. But these do run like new. Tyres are Panaracer Hi-Road
Plus around 20 other wheels, fronts and rears some with cassettes, some without ranging from Exage to LX many with Mavic rims

Framesets

85ish Dawes Ranger. one dent but minor and frame straight. Awful paint. Stuck seat tube. Super cool Sakae gooseneck stem. Awesome forks and lugged frame a real retro steed

88ish Specialized Rockhopper in good shape with a shot BB

90ish Alpine Stars Cro Mo steel oversize tubing, make a good anchor

Tyres

As well as those on the nicer wheelsets and the random ones on the random wheels some of which are actually pretty good, there is a very good set of Panaracer Spikes. A front and a rear. Cool

Forks

Answer Manitou (first style) Very cool, have had an ahead steerer pressed on over the original by the look of it. Need a rebuild anyway, but not seized

Beefy oversized Tange forks not too heavy

Rockshocks Indy S cable stop is broken

Other stuff

A pile of chainsets LX down various ages condition

Pedals odds and ends

A few set of XT various vintages mostly rough

Also nice set of Shimano 600 roadies with straps

And nice set of mid school XT cleated pedals

Latest posts

Back