manitou dh

Re:

yep seen it - enquired and offered him £300 but he's sticking to his guns. Problem is the shock is hard to source and it will never be the original Manitou FS which is much more interesting with the shocks up-back.

Re:

yes he definitely won't take that I'm afraid - he thinks or knows he has something special and about £330 is the best you'll do from him - and I wasn't even sure it was worth £275 without a shock to be honest. As its new old stock I would probably have paid his asking with the original shock and definitely if there was a front fork on there, but without - its a limited market and Answer Manitou were loosing the plot a bit IMO by that stage (and dogged with failures in the early years) - a shame as Doug Bradbury was quite an innovator in his day - but of course it all got a bit, urm commercial (like everyone else).

I started thinking I would probably buy the Marin full sus. as "my Manitou FS" which has the best of both worlds - early Manitou elastomer shocks f&r, and a Marin Titanium main triangle - I'm still looking, and I have bought a mid-90s Manitou HT to refurb in the mean time.

Re:

Agreed with its correct shock and fork I would pay it but not as is let's see how it goes in my watch list

mm I'm going to waite a little bit for selling my DH frame with shock and rebuildkit for the damper
my frame is used for several years and no cracks in the frame :D
maybe into a few years I get some money for it
But I will follow this item for wat it is worth on ebay :cool:

This is not worth £350 like that, no chance I've seen a full bike for £450 about a year ago in pretty good nick.

Re: Re:

masha":2kk4msz3 said:
I started thinking I would probably buy the Marin full sus. as "my Manitou FS" which has the best of both worlds - early Manitou elastomer shocks f&r, and a Marin Titanium main triangle - I'm still looking, and I have bought a mid-90s Manitou HT to refurb in the mean time.

Good and right idea! The Marin versions are stronger ...cromo version, aluminium (better than Manitou's) version and then as you say the Titanium version is the best. I might actually have the answer to your search too. I bought a 20.5 inch 1993 Titanium FRS frame (frame which came with a period Specialized sus fork) from the US and then a month later a full bike popped up so I bought that too. PM me if you're interested in the 20.5 Ti FRS frame and fork

Re:

nice one - I'll watch this space and PM in future - there's an FS out there for me somewhere.

Re: Re:

masha":28rhoyqd said:
nice one - I'll watch this space and PM in future - there's an FS out there for me somewhere.

So you're after Manitou FS not the Marin version? I actually saw a Manitou FS go yesterday for $1000 it was crack free (for now) and lovely.

Back