Kurt Stockton's Kestrel Rubicon Kamikaze Bike

theproscloset

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Is this the one pictured in the mag?

If so who scavenged the Moby and the Zooka and replaced them with more modern parts?

And as an aside, would be interested to know if he still has the helmet pictured.....

Re:

Nice....

I'd like love to know if the kid on the bmx in the 1989 kamikaze worlds video still rides :LOL:

Re: Re:

boxxer":1gsd73vb said:

If so who scavenged the Moby and the Zooka and replaced them with more modern parts?

And as an aside, would be interested to know if he still has the helmet pictured.....

This is exactly how the bike came to us from Kurt. The red moby post may have gotten swapped onto the other Kamaikaze bike that we have featured here on retrobike in the past. We may be able to get the helmet too.... not 100% sure. We have the googles....

The Daytona helmet is the one missing from my TLD collection, have one of each from Edge to D2 openface but the Daytona has eluded me thus far!

boxxer":372mr7vg said:
The Daytona helmet is the one missing from my TLD collection, have one of each from Edge to D2 openface but the Daytona has eluded me thus far!

I'll see what I can do!

Bike in action!

We have this "larger than life" billboard at our shop that was used in Kestrel's booth at interbike.... if someone wins the bike and want it, it is yours. We just need to figure out how to get it to you! It's HUGE.

Attachments

• clients-theproscloset-photo_sets-466739-Ken_Stockton_Poster-1.jpg
    clients-theproscloset-photo_sets-466739-Ken_Stockton_Poster-1.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 931
Re: Re:

boxxer":2ct3a3n1 said:

Good news we can dial you in on the helmet! PM me and we can help complete your collection.

Cheers!

Nick

Interesting. Pre-production DHO is pretty cool; my production one has a cast upper crown vs the CNC one there and of course, that fork is 9mm axle.

Back