Nishiki e-stay with removable dropouts for sale in Germany

I did find one of these a few years ago, but as I recall it's a 18.5" c-c, whereas I'd prefer a 17".

I bought it anyway to "complete" my collection of Nishiki e-stays, and it now lives in storage awaiting restoration.

So what year/s did the MFS come into being? Nothing to do with Richard Cunningham then? Why the drop outs - no-one was moaning about breaking steel drop outs back then were they?

Re:

GT had replaceable dropouts [well, mech hangers anyway] on all their steel frames from '91-'92 onwards... ;)

So GT owners were moaning were they?! I can imagine aluminium owners making demands but steel, not so much...

Re:

GT owners have to moan - it's in the handbook!

Think it was the usual blurb, about steel not being safe to bend back into place after an off which had bent the mech hanger, blah, blah, blah...

Instead, you could spend 'only' 15 quid and get a replacement hanger in milder steel, with a simple allen head screw.

In reality, I always found the fitting of a single screw, with a large chunk of metal on the end [of poor tolerance] and a rear mech constantly acting on it, made the thing move around long before any rock hit it!

From '93 they used 2 bolts, so they were obviously listening to my teenage rants... :)

Latest posts

Back