WATCH OUT KLEIN FAKER ON CRAIGLIST ABERDEEN & LONDON

hugovelthuis

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi all,

This week I found one of my dream bikes on Craiglist Aberdeen :cool: . I fell in love and sent the seller a mail if he was willing to ship the bike to Holland, this was not a problem...

http://aberdeen.craigslist.co.uk/bid/4370260194.html

I was insecure to pay a lot of money for a bike that I haven't seen, so I checked the Bike/parts Collection Assistance Thread and found YOWSAH (Hutton) who is living in Aberdeen. He was willing to visit the seller Roy Barber at 34 Market Street. They mailed and made an appointment....

No one was there, Hutton and myself had a bad feeling with the seller so a moment ago I started searching the Internet. :shock:

I found the same bike on RB and the mtbr Forum!!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=213374
http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro-cl ... 02-22.html

So please watch out, this seller is not trustworthy!! :evil:

Very disappointing that the sale didn't work out, but like Hutton mentioned: Sherlock Holmes would be proud of us!

Is there a section where information can be posted about fallible sellers??

Regards,
Hugo

Re:

The other clue is that if it's claiming to be Aberdeen in Scotland....we don't have craigslist in the uk

Now Aberdeen south Dakota uses craigslist as craigslist is like the Yankee gumtree

Thanks for sharing chap

Re: WATCH OUT FAKER ON CRAIGLIST ABERDEEN KLEIN MOONRISE 19"

And that is something that I don't know...

The garage and a couple of other things gave me doubt, hope no-one get's in trouble.

The point here is Hugo that the address the seller gave you is for Aberdeen, Scotland. He included the postcode which is for Aberdeen, Scotland. He also didn't reply to my emails as to why he wasn't at home when I went to the address. He still hasn't replied to the emails.

Re: Re:

sylus":2x51e3xn said:
The other clue is that if it's claiming to be Aberdeen in Scotland....we don't have craigslist in the uk

Now Aberdeen south Dakota uses craigslist as craigslist is like the Yankee gumtree

Thanks for sharing chap

Actually there is a craigslist for the UK (including Aberdeen) not widely used though.

Well, the seller sent me his IBAN SWIFT and his full address, he thought that I needed all these data to transfer the money... This is obvious not the case.

Re: Re:

kaiser":lcpqqqrl said:
sylus":lcpqqqrl said:

Thanks for sharing chap

Actually there is a craigslist for the UK (including Aberdeen) not widely used though.

This I did not know

Re:

Having a browse about the Glasgow site (bike fs) I'd guess the lot were scams. I have never in a million years seen a collection of bikes like that anywhere near Glasgow.

Latest posts

Back