Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:17 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:53 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 107
Location: N Ireland
SEANSTEPHENS wrote:
Bet it was nicked anyway so who cares? The seller has relisted it for 900£, he Clearly doesnt know anything about what hes selling and some poor chap has lost his lightning. I mean look at all the frames he selling and his knowledge is low on all of them and you guys wanted to buy of this person? Thats Dumb


Bet you're right. He dosent seem to know anything about the other frames either. Too good to be true. Would hate to be riding someone elses pride and joy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:54 pm 
Devout Dirtbag

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:02 pm
Posts: 107
Location: N Ireland
raidan73 wrote:
I expect it will pop up again soon with a slightly higher price tag!


Good guess!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:12 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:45 pm
Posts: 5282
Location: Bristol, UK
garethfj wrote:
SEANSTEPHENS wrote:
Bet it was nicked anyway so who cares? The seller has relisted it for 900£, he Clearly doesnt know anything about what hes selling and some poor chap has lost his lightning. I mean look at all the frames he selling and his knowledge is low on all of them and you guys wanted to buy of this person? Thats Dumb


Bet you're right. He dosent seem to know anything about the other frames either. Too good to be true. Would hate to be riding someone elses pride and joy.


Yeah i know, I highly doubt he owns it legally and im surprised there are no raised eyebrows here

Sean


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:27 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:42 pm
Posts: 3191
It's the same seller now trying for £900! Probably a rare ti zaskar


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:53 pm 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:45 pm
Posts: 5282
Location: Bristol, UK
xxnick1975 wrote:
It's the same seller now trying for £900! Probably a rare ti zaskar


Well its apparently morphed from being aluminium to titanium already ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:41 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:52 pm
Posts: 988
Location: at home,eating cake
My bet is that some kind soul spotted this outing,realised they had missed out on a bargain,tried to gazzump the original seller and when that failed told the seller what he actually had.
Happens far too regularly for it to be coincidence :evil:

How else does he go from 'GT Aluminium frame' to 'GT Lightning Titanium frame' ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:54 am 
Old School Grand Master
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:35 am
Posts: 12266
Location: Penarth
sausagefingers wrote:
My bet is that some kind soul spotted this outing,realised they had missed out on a bargain,tried to gazzump the original seller and when that failed told the seller what he actually had.
Happens far too regularly for it to be coincidence :evil:

How else does he go from 'GT Aluminium frame' to 'GT Lightning Titanium frame' ?


Agree...not sure where seller gets £900 from :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:23 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:07 pm
Posts: 1898
Location: brighton
If you ask me he's been on here, seen what he's got, but not owned up and defended himself, which, if he was legit, he would presumably do


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:25 am 
Retro Guru

Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:07 pm
Posts: 1898
Location: brighton
sausagefingers wrote:
My bet is that some kind soul spotted this outing,realised they had missed out on a bargain,tried to gazzump the original seller and when that failed told the seller what he actually had.
Happens far too regularly for it to be coincidence :evil:

How else does he go from 'GT Aluminium frame' to 'GT Lightning Titanium frame' ?


Sorry, missed this - yes I guess that's more likely.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:30 am 
Old School Grand Master
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 7:11 pm
Posts: 8479
Location: Fircombe.
There's nothing in the sellers's history to suggest he sells bent bikes. A (quick) google doesn't come up with any stolen GT ti, titanium,lightning, lightening or xixang.
It may well be stolen, but there may be a genuine reason for his ignorance- selling for a deceased relative frinstance.
Anyone buying would I'm sure do more checks, but sometimes people who've had a bike stolen really don't help themselves find it. "Bike Stolen" as a thread title, then a picture, doesn't really register with google.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: andyz, Westfailure and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group