Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:24 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:15 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:17 pm
Posts: 905
Location: not close enough to Wales...
xxnick1975 wrote:
Nice one, hope you like it especially given handing over the Euclid!!! :shock:


Like I said it hurt a bit after collecting the parts over all those years , but its a fairly rare frame set not many pioneers had the straight forks, I'm more than happy with it, plus my mate is stoked ! He's Been in his loft all afternoon digging things out,
it's not that small a frame, I'm over six foot and it fits me fine we offered up the 89 frame next to it and if anything the orange one is a tad bigger, I think the bars will have to go as we'll as the levers and shifter, I'll fit a Paul duo lever an upside down grip shirt and an front XT2 thumbshifter so I can ride it properly, might change to a slightly more angled stem as well, BITD it was all tall seat posts and low long stems, but I'm old and battered now !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:17 pm 
Old School Grand Master

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:42 pm
Posts: 3196
Sounds great, can't wait to see its development. Glad those bars are going, they dont look right at all


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:26 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:17 pm
Posts: 905
Location: not close enough to Wales...
xxnick1975 wrote:
Sounds great, can't wait to see its development. Glad those bars are going, they dont look right at all


You are right they just don't fit, plus I can't use them as designed anyway !
There's a possibility I may change the colour scheme as well although I joked earlier I may get a sticker that says "Built in Bristol and runs like Clockwork" if it stays orange and white !
I know a few people here liked the colours but I'm tempted to do a similar version of the 89 frame that was scalloped in charcoal and silver as it looked great and I always fancied a red version of that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:51 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7056
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
Bryncrug72 wrote:
xxnick1975 wrote:
Sounds great, can't wait to see its development. Glad those bars are going, they dont look right at all


You are right they just don't fit, plus I can't use them as designed anyway !
There's a possibility I may change the colour scheme as well although I joked earlier I may get a sticker that says "Built in Bristol and runs like Clockwork" if it stays orange and white !
I know a few people here liked the colours but I'm tempted to do a similar version of the 89 frame that was scalloped in charcoal and silver as it looked great and I always fancied a red version of that.



Im stoked both you and your friend got what they wanted... 8)

And that has to be the coolest thing I have heard for a long time.....
"HAND-built in Bristol and runs like CloCkWoRk".

That has just got to be YOUR signature surely..... AWESUM.... 8)

To be Fair.....If only Andy P, hand run an AD campaign with that....., That would have made a Lengendary Advert.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:26 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:17 pm
Posts: 905
Location: not close enough to Wales...
I took your advice !

I'd like to speak to Andy again if only to find out the details on this frame.
It's a shame the way Overbury's went !
I'll upload the pictures tomorrow in a new thread, the frame is in great condition a few small spots of corrosion, but nothing bad and under that horrible seat cover was a pristine white Rolls saddle !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:33 pm 
BoTY & PoTM Winner
BoTY & PoTM Winner
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 7056
Location: KEEPING THEM SAFE FROM HARM, ANYWAY I CAN....!
Bryncrug72 wrote:
I took your advice !

I'd like to speak to Andy again if only to find out the details on this frame.
It's a shame the way Overbury's went !
I'll upload the pictures tomorrow in a new thread, the frame is in great condition a few small spots of corrosion, but nothing bad and under that horrible seat cover was a pristine white Rolls saddle !



Cool, mate, And Jammy with the Rolls.....Lol.

Please don't be afraid to add it to the British Steel thread too... 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:53 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:17 pm
Posts: 905
Location: not close enough to Wales...
I've posted a new thread with pictures is it possible to copy that thread to the British Steel one ?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group