Clockwork frameset forks + other bits good BIN

John":gkdzr736 said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLOCKWORK-ORANGE-Frame-Fork-Shimano-XT-Rock-Shox-Mag-21s-PRICE-REDUCED-/300968609750?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Fragrances_Women_s_Fragrances_PP&hash=item46132087d6

If that size was 21" and not 17" it would be winging its way to me. Very nice price.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
It's a 19". I've had/got a few from various years and they were all measured centre to top.

According to Orange literature of the day the clockwork came in 15, 17, 19 and 21.

The Elite (O, prestige) came in 17, 19 and 21.

The geometry, apart from the early clockwork frames (flat top tube) was near the same for them all. The 19's have a 120mm headtube with a deifnitive gap between top and downtube as they abut. The 19's have an almost flat top tube the 17's a kona-esque slope (and the top and downtube almost touch) and the 15's almost a straight line top tube with the seat stay.

I've got an Elite in 19, Hawki and BoyOboy have a 17 (i.e. the only one smaller) and there's a few 21" on here.

As far as I know all but a few of the earliest frames (formula?) are measured c to top.

but others on here know far more than me so I'll stand corrected.

And :)

edited re earlier frames

Centre to top, I put that in the wiki a go ago with references hopefully. While I don't think the early catalogues mention this, the mid and on do.
Also 'review' measurements do this to.

They are however short in their length for their size. At least my alu-o was compared to my frames of that era.

FluffyChicken":d23g9n95 said:
Centre to top, I put that in the wiki a go ago with references hopefully. While I don't think the early catalogues mention this, the mid and on do.
Also 'review' measurements do this to.

They are however short in their length for their size. At least my alu-o was compared to my frames of that era.

This is my confusion not just trying to be pedantic. ( :shock: Accuse anyone of being pedantic on RB , oh the irony :LOL: )

Ive a number of Oranges catalogs and it gives a nice little technical diagram with lots of little lines on it and a little table of sizes but it doesnt show the 2 points on the frame that the measurement is taken from :?
Maybe its a UK thing to do with measurement where most technical specs state center to center measuring points :?

This is why i thought it was center to center, we use this method in this country. :?

SOMEBODY PHONE ORANGE

If talking about tubes, then yes CTC else they wouldn't know where to put them, but 'frame size' is something different.

Take 19" CTT, then the top tube could go up, flat sloping, damn sloping like a girls bike or a mono section. The frame would still be the same assuming seatube to support the seat post was in the same place.

GT's, Marin... Measure to the centre so the frames tend to be large for their size.

Still it's just a guide, you need to look at that, top tube length.. even effective changes depending on the fork length... Let alone between manufacturers or models in through a range.
Test and try.

Back